Runners Knee

Rusinque

Barefooters
Jan 19, 2012
houston, texas
I believe I have this because I over trained.
2 days ago, I was warming up and my right knee suddenly started to hurt. It hurt so bad, I had trouble walking home. The next day I had to go to school and I have to go up 4 flights of stairs to get to my class and I could barely bend my leg.
I have rested well and gunna start icing now and maybe go for a small walk.

Sh*t that sucks Rusinque. The "suddenly" part might send me to seek professional help, as opposed to something chronic, but this is an amateur's opinion. Keep us posted.

Hope you can get over it soon. You are probably going to have to take some time off. Walking is good if you can do it without pain.

I have been battling knee pain for a long time now and have had some success. I have a combination of ITBS and Runner's knee on my left and inner knee pain on my right. What has worked lately is mostly barefoot running, no training (although I need to decide on a fall marathon, registration closes in a week), shorter runs off pavement, rolling before and after, strengthening exercises. and a long warmup. If I feel a little tight during the run, I will stop and do some deep squats and leg looseners (see chi running).

I went out for a run to see how my knee was doing, and I managed to get finish a mile before I started to feel an uneasy pain. So I sat down and look at the water, then when I went to get up, it felt like someone stabbed my knee. Wasn't able to run home, so I walked and enjoyed the gravel for a couple of meters.
Im craving a bike ride; Too bad I dont have a bike lol.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts