Run For Your Life Zombie 5K

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Have any of you heard of this? I saw it on the Travel Channel last night. It's your typical mud run, but it has a big twist. You wear three red flags around your waist and as you run through the obstacles and the course, there are zombies (in full costume) everywhere, I mean everywhere, trying to grab your flags. If you can make it through the course with at least one flag, you are listed in the results as a survivor; if you can't, you are listed as a zombie. You can see all kinds of them popping up, and You Tube has a lot of video on them, so check those out too. Some are better than others, of course, as usual.

It's Halloween-time, Nick.

It's Halloween-time, Nick.
I guess I've just seen so much zombie crap (especially here in Portland) the last 6-7 years or so. And just for the record, I've seen a lot of zombie stuff even when Halloween is no where close to being around. I was just wondering about the fascination with them the last few years, not saying it's stupid or anything. The run still looks like a lot of fun and if zombies make it more fun for folks, then cool beans. I think a run like this would be fun with or without the zombies, kind of like the spartan runs where they have guys that you have to get past.

I guess I've just seen so much zombie crap (especially here in Portland) the last 6-7 years or so. And just for the record, I've seen a lot of zombie stuff even when Halloween is no where close to being around. I was just wondering about the fascination with them the last few years, not saying it's stupid or anything. The run still looks like a lot of fun and if zombies make it more fun for folks, then cool beans. I think a run like this would be fun with or without the zombies, kind of like the spartan runs where they have guys that you have to get past.

It's just the recent fad thing....like vampires, dinosaurs or <ahem> pirates...

Reactions: NickW
They did a pirate one here two weeks ago (it's the coast). I abstained for financial and upper body strength reasons, but I think I will do it next year. No they don't background check the volunteers, as they asked me last minute to dress up as a pirate, to which I replied negatively in an extremely unladylike turn of phrase. The race was benefiting a local food charity I think.

...as they asked me last minute to dress up as a pirate, to which I replied negatively in an extremely unladylike turn of phrase.

Ha! Your humor is not lost on me, Gidds. You would have been a perfect pirate. Just ask Matey!

Reactions: RunningPirate
*scowls* I don't like pirates. Mostly because my hubby mistakenly thinks I have an "unnatural" interest in them and teases me about it. For the record I don't care for zombies either and my interest is from a pathobiologist's point of view. Bipedal wolves are by far the coolest scary creature.

Wench then?

That would involve a corset! *crosses arms, scowls, and makes a face*

That would involve a corset! *crosses arms, scowls, and makes a face*

Is that a response to the a) objectification of women, b) the repression of women (I could see a corset being somewhat repressing), or c) All of the Above?

they asked me last minute to dress up as a pirate, to which I replied negatively in an extremely unladylike turn of phrase.

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see that....though ironically, said unladylike turn of phrase probably just made you more qualified to be a pirate..

FWIW, this phase will pass...folks will tire of pirates, vampires, dinsoars and zombies and get on to other things: Cowboys, Indians, Construction Workers, Cops and Bikers...each will have their own series of books, movies, fanbases and 5K's...

Reactions: clawhammer72
Squish = ish *makes pukey face*

I will never be too old for dinosaurs! How about a Raptor 5k? I will totally be a raptor!

Squish = ish *makes pukey face*

I will never be too old for dinosaurs! How about a Raptor 5k? I will totally be a raptor!
That would be sooooooo awesome! Can I be a pteranodon and fly all over the course? Or maybe an apatosaurus and squish folks by stepping on them? Oh the fun I could have!