Route 66 Quarter Marathon & 5K - Tulsa, OK

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
Is anyone (besides me) running in the Route 66 Quarter Marathon and/or 5K on Saturday, Aug. 7??

I think I'm going to end up running both races (called doing "the double") in my VFFs. That way if my calves seize up "the shod ones" can blame it on my VFFs, not on my movement to BF running.

I volunteered yesterday @ packet pickup, which happens to take place in a nice running store. I heard a couple of people in the store talking with the salespeople about foot problems they were having. Salespeople put them on the treadmill to "evaluate" their running style. I just wanted to yell "TRY BAREFOOT", but figured that standing in a running store while volunteering probably wasn't the best bully pulpit. :)

Yea, probably not...but then

Yea, probably not...but then you could have hunted them down in the parking lot. ;-)

I like the medals. 

I like the medals.
00d9b1e39f02d57be65ad2a9a6eaa3b8_XL.jpg

Well, out of several hundred

Well, out of several hundred runners, I only saw one barefoot runner and 4 (including myself) in VFFs. But this run was the longest run I have done in my VFFs. I averaged just over 10 min/mile, so I'm pretty happy with that. Not so happy with the way my calves are feeling...

I had a couple of people tell me that they "like my shoes". Wonder how many Nike runners got that comment? Hmmmm...

Met one VFF wearer from Virginia. She is originally from Tulsa, and was back visiting family. Her husband is in the military (and she told me that he was a BF runner!). Had another lady come up to me after the race asking if I trained in the VFFs as well. :- So I explained about the different running style when you run minimalist. She said she thought she might get a pair. Do we get commissions from Vibram on these referrals? ;)

Even though it was hot, it happened to be overcast and we had a light sprinkle about 2/3 the way through. Unexpected in Oklahoma, for sure!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Got one of my own now. And a

Got one of my own now. And a tech finishers shirt to boot! :)

Sorry 'bout this...I was replying to TJ's picture of the finisher's medal.

Got one of my own now. And a

Got one of my own now. And a tech finishers shirt to boot! :)

And it would appear that a button was clicked twice. :- Sorry.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts