Rockville Twighter - July 16th

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by LavaRunner, Jul 5, 2011.

1. LavaRunner

LavaRunner
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Maryland
    2. Utah
    3. Virginia

Lets all show up and do a barefoot 5 mile demonstration.[​IMG][​IMG]2011 DARCARS ROCKVILLE ROTARY TWILIGHT RUNFESTSATURDAY JULY 16TH, 2011
    Welcome Twilighters! We're glad that you're here. If you're new to the event, we hope that you find everything you need while you're here. If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email. For our returning Twilighter's, welcome back. This year's Twilighter is sponsored again by our friends at DARCARS. The event is coordinated by the City of Rockville's Department of Recreation & Parks, Rotary Club of Rockville, and The Montgomery County Road Runners. But enough about us...For information about registering for this year's Twilighter, visit ourRegistrationpage.

http://rockvilletwilighter.org/

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. NYAB

NYAB
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

Well Lava, at least there will be two of us there. I registered yesterday.

3. LavaRunner

LavaRunner
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Maryland
    2. Utah
    3. Virginia

I am registered too. We need more. Then we can figure out a meetup point for the race and group by what people want to do for a pace.

4. LavaRunner

LavaRunner
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Maryland
    2. Utah
    3. Virginia

Well, maybe I won't be there. Broke the news to Mrs. lavarunner and she seemed upset.

It is my 50th Birthday on the day of the race. Maybe they got some silly crap planned.

Playing this one by ear.

5. NYAB

NYAB
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Virginia
    2. Maryland
    3. District of...

No worries...and happy birthday. Enjoy the "surprise". Ha!

6. LavaRunner

LavaRunner
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Maryland
    2. Utah
    3. Virginia

Hey nyab, it was great meeting you and watching you leave me in the dust. :)
    I ended up right at 45 minutes by my garmin. It will be interesting to see the chip time. I was shooting for a 9 min pace and I hit it.

Take care and if you ever want to hit a local trail, let me know

7. BrunoRuns

BrunoRuns
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Maryland

Hey Guys!

Nice work at the race. I Met NYAB there at the end of the event. Sorry I didn't read this post earlier or I would have tried to meet up before. Lava, sorry I missed you.

I was actually in the band that was playing the festival. I played before the race, kicked off my stage shoes, ran the race and got right back up on stage and rocked till 11pm.

It's a great event and my band has played there the last few years. I ran with my dad for most of the race, he was in some Vibrams. Anyway, just wanted say hey and good race. NYAB, it was good talking to you at the end of the night. Lava, hopefully I'll check the board more often and actually meet up before a race or 2.

(did that make 4 BF's at the race then???)

Cheers

8. LavaRunner

LavaRunner
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Maryland
    2. Utah
    3. Virginia

Bruno, You the lead guitar player? I saw he was shoeless and was told someone in the band was running BF.

Your band is awesome, we sat on the porch of the Mexican food joint and listened to you right up to the end. I play Guiitar so I always listen and see how others play.

It was a fun race. I am not a real fan of sprints which is what this is, but after I ditched my running partner I could run my race not his. It was NYAB I ditched, it was the another friend that loved to push me. I like running too much to be pushed.

I started off way too fast for my liking, an average around 7 min pace, this caused me to push too hard and overstride so I ended up with a gnarly blood blister right behind the left foot pinky toe and I got it in the first mile or so. Then I slowed down and just had a good time.

Oreo's and Beer. I keep hearing that in my head!

9. BrunoRuns

BrunoRuns
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Maryland

Haha,

That's Crazy. Yeah, that was me playing guitar with my race number and headband still on. I ran right through hospitality and back on stage and sang a song within 2 minutes of finishing. I did have oreos on the home stretch.

It was a nice race to be a part of because we were playing the event, but I don't like sprints and I'm not that fast anyway. I prefer 10 milers + and I'm working on setting a Marathon PR (BF and Shod) this October. The Band is on the road 250 days a year so I have to shoe horn races in to when and where ever we are playing. When is your next BF run? If you are in the area, you should come out to another show and enjoy some music and beer. I'll grab you a CD as well to enjoy. Maybe we could start a BF band side project!