Review: Xero HFS

Leanz

Barefooters
Apr 26, 2021
Oamaru, New Zealand
Hi, was lucky enough to win the June Xero shoes giveaway. I had just started using Prios, so decided to try HFS. Steven was great, and sent them from Australia so they arrived much quicker than the Prios had, from USA. I live in NZ, it's cold here, so my barefeet appreciated covering :)

Ground Feel- yes, good

Zero Drop- yes, of course

Flexibility-yes

Toe Box- not as wide as the Prios so felt a little firmer on my foot

Weight- definitely lighter than the Prios but I am not experienced enough to "feel" the difference while running

Comfort- I can wear them all day, for all activities and find them comfortable

Fit- I went up half a size as recommended on the website, and it is probably necessary but due to the narrower toebox area, I sometimes seem to catch the toe while running. Maybe my form, but doesn't happen in my Prios

Traction- not had any issues even though the roads are icy. Haven't been on trails so can't comment

Durability_ they are holding up well but are still new

Performance- shoes could perform miracles but this old lady, not so much, but they feel good when I'm running. I never give them a thought, so obviously great.

Cross Training- I have not done any

Design- as I said they are narrower through the toebox. I am sure they would suit many, I just like the wider toebox.

Aesthetics - HFS look more like a regular trainer, but they feel great.

Hope this makes sense! I feel so lucky to have two pairs that I can alternate for different runs.

I run 4 times a week and am building back to 10kms. Aiming for half and full marathons again as I get stronger with barefoot running.

Thanks again Barefoot Runners' Society, Steven and Lena.

Any questions - feel free to ask

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test