Research Participants Needed!

Scott Nesland

Barefooters
Sep 26, 2017
Barefoot Running Community:

Greetings! My name is Scott Nesland and I am a Biology (B.S.) undergraduate student at Alderson Broaddus University located in Philippi, WV. I am conducting research for my senior research symposium this fall. The study is entitled "Impact Force and Foot Strike Method Contributions to Instances of Overuse Injuries in Shod Running versus Barefoot Running among Collegiate-aged Distance Runners." The title may seem lengthy, but I am basically just evaluating prevalence of overuse injuries among barefoot, minimalist, and traditional shod runners. What I am asking of you fellow runners is to complete my brief survey (about 10 questions) to contribute to my research. As you all may know, finding barefoot research participants in my area can be a troublesome task, so any responses from you would be greatly appreciated and would serve as a vital part of my research. If you have any questions or concerns about the nature of this study, you can email me at [email protected]. I have included a link to the survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D6BH9TW

Once again thank you for your time and consideration!
Scott Nesland

Note: I am reposting this thread in hopes of acquiring more research participants. I have only received 3 responses from barefoot runners. Please help represent your community! The survey takes all of about 2 minutes. Thanks so much!

Barefoot Running Community:

Greetings! My name is Scott Nesland and I am a Biology (B.S.) undergraduate student at Alderson Broaddus University located in Philippi, WV. I am conducting research for my senior research symposium this fall. The study is entitled "Impact Force and Foot Strike Method Contributions to Instances of Overuse Injuries in Shod Running versus Barefoot Running among Collegiate-aged Distance Runners." The title may seem lengthy, but I am basically just evaluating prevalence of overuse injuries among barefoot, minimalist, and traditional shod runners. What I am asking of you fellow runners is to complete my brief survey (about 10 questions) to contribute to my research. As you all may know, finding barefoot research participants in my area can be a troublesome task, so any responses from you would be greatly appreciated and would serve as a vital part of my research. If you have any questions or concerns about the nature of this study, you can email me at [email protected]. I have included a link to the survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D6BH9TW

Once again thank you for your time and consideration!
Scott Nesland

Note: I am reposting this thread in hopes of acquiring more research participants. I have only received 3 responses from barefoot runners. Please help represent your community! The survey takes all of about 2 minutes. Thanks so much!
Have you tried posting it on our main Facebook page?: https://www.facebook.com/BarefootRunnersSociety

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts