Report what your feet have been up to here, w/e Oct 24

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Just taking into consideration the folks up top looking to report time rather than distance, cross training and running...report it all today! Heck, come on and tell me you stuck your feet in your gardens for 2hrs yesterday afternoon. Let's here it, what have your feet been up to?

Monday...rest, watching sister's kids all day and a friends kids this afternoon. Running after kids, dishing out snacks, making playdough and cleaning up after 6 kids count for something? lol

It does in my book!

It does in my book!

Ran my 2.6 mile route about

Ran my 2.6 mile route about 9:30 this morning and for the first time, someone commented on my bare feet. I run through a couple of school zones that time of day and a lady that was working one of the school zones called out as I ran by: "bare feet??". I just said "yeah!". Had a good run, about 28 minutes. Felt good.

Strange, isn't it. How people

Strange, isn't it. How people feel like they have to say something when they see us. She probably would never have said "hey, nice running shoes", if you were still shod. But seeing a bfr, people lock up and say something like "barefoot?" Kind of makes you want to say "yep, here's your sign". :)

Ran for thirty minutes with

Ran for thirty minutes with my "track club" (me and Fauxrunner from RWOL) - guessing 2.5 miles? I feel so much better since I stopped the antibiotics and the swelling from the tetanus shot went down. First time in Bikilas with Injinjis to protect toes - was very nice.

Good for you, J.  You

Good for you, J. You deserved a good run after a spell of pain.

I love cooler weather!  Ran

I love cooler weather! Ran the last 5 miles of my 7 mile run home barefoot at a 7 minute pace - I guess yesterday's long, (very) slow distance run paid off!

glad you're back J!Nice

glad you're back J!

Nice speedy run Chris!

lol Mike, touche!

Dave, we had a guy speed past us on our group run last weekend shouting out "I broke my toe doing that" Meh, whatya do? Keep on keepin on.

Aint' that the truth!

Aint' that the truth!

10k today and some yard work

10k today and some yard work to cool down. I tried going barefoot at first but since we had some snow last week the council's poured truck loads of fine gravel on the roads for traction and now that the snow has melted all that is left is PAIN. I'm not man enough to run on that apparently. I'm starting to really like my evos though so all is not bad.

Woke up this morning and ran

Woke up this morning and ran about 2 miles. I was pretty hesitant at first because it's still dark when I get up. Luckily, the streets are pretty well lighted and my eyes adjusted pretty quick where there wasn't much light.
I started off slow and really concentrated on my form and my footfalls. I was amazed at how good it felt and how easy it was to tell when I wasn't doing it right. I'd be running along and just start daydreaming and then I would notice my feet start to hurt a little. Once I corrected my form the pain went away almost instantly. I was getting into such a good rhythm that I almost went a little further, but I was out of time and figured I'd better
quit while I was ahead.

Smart thinking, JM.Awesome,

Smart thinking, JM.

Awesome, Cassie!

Congrats, Cassie. Wait til

Congrats, Cassie. Wait til you get to 5 - it's an amazing feeling!

No running tonight but chiro worked on my misaligned and achey pelvic bone. After work, I went on a crazy trip to the crafts store and Wal Mart (this kind of strip mall shopping is very rare for my city girl lifestyle) to get t-shirts and iron on transfrers for all the people I've organized to run a fundraise 4 mile race on Saturday (7-8). My coworker's husband has ALS and we are all running to raise money for a local ALS clinic. I'm really excited about it, but this t-shirt thing is hard for me - I'm not a very crafty person.

Be sure to share

Be sure to share some pictures of you guys in your homemade tee shirts, J!

Monday...restTuesday 2hrs

Monday...rest

Tuesday 2hrs Zumba

Wednesday 15min core work, 5.15mi barefoot jogger run

Hoping for more than usual runs this week, since I took off of my classes for an extended weekend with dh and kids.

I alternated between walking

I alternated between walking and running and did an estimated 12 miles (so says Google Maps) in the Elm Creek Park Reserve barefoot for around 3 or 4 hours (did not keep track). It was ridiculously windy so I did more walking than running, and only started running as much as possible as sunset neared... Once along the roads it was sunset and chilly in addition to still windy, and the stares from people in cars on a busy road were amusing -- heads kept turning 90 degrees.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts