Report w/e Oct 31

Another one hour bare foot

Another one hour bare foot walk on the beach today, really hot, high today, 88 degrees F. My feet felt more tender than ever just from walking bare foot on the hot asphalt to the beach and back, from my place which is only about a half mile away. Other than that, lovely. :cool:

Don't forget a pair of socks

Don't forget a pair of socks for dry winter days you guys. They provide just enough warmth by keeping your toes nice and cozy, all snuggled together, and keep your skin from contacting the frigid ground. You can get them at the dollar store. They lasted about 4 - 5 five mile runs each for me.

After my toenail came off

After my toenail came off yesterday and I got all of the grit out, I felt much better - I wonder if there is a connection.

Anyway, I didn't think I would have time for any running today and then remembered I had an offsite meeting (very casual). I suited up and managed to get in 3.5 miles between running there and then to the chiro after.

hmm, I may have to give the

hmm, I may have to give the socks a try. Have to be honest, I feel goofier running in socks than I do barefeet though :p

Well, If I run with long

Well, If I run with long pants no one sees the white compression hose I wear. LOL

I cut the feet out so I could run barfoot or with Vffs

I have run with shorts with them though. I don't care what the heck people say. I'm 61 and I'm going to run the way I want to. If anyone giggles let them run with me.

I had some teen girls laugh one day and said just that, "hey, let's see you run the miles I do when you are in your 60's." Gosh, funny how they got quiet real fast.

Sometimes I wear black.

Peanut

My goal for this week was to

My goal for this week was to do a 3mi run. Started out feeling good and ran 2mi to a friends house. Hung out there for a few minutes and then took off, headed for home. I felt good and zig-zagged a bit and stretched it out to 3mi. Total distance ended up being about 5mi's. Guess I met my goal!

You tell 'em, Peanut!Zum,

You tell 'em, Peanut!

Zum, wear black socks. They don't stand out as much.

Peanut wrote:Well, If I run

Peanut said:
Well, If I run with long pants no one sees the white compression hose I wear. LOL

I cut the feet out so I could run barfoot or with Vffs

I have run with shorts with them though. I don't care what the heck people say. I'm 61 and I'm going to run the way I want to. If anyone giggles let them run with me.

I had some teen girls laugh one day and said just that, "hey, let's see you run the miles I do when you are in your 60's." Gosh, funny how they got quiet real fast.

Sometimes I wear black.

Peanut

Yes, you tell 'em! I had these kids half my age (a swim team) try to keep up sprinting ahead of me awhile back. They gave up pretty quickly, seeing as how I could go forever and the could go maybe half a block :)

lmao Peanut, you rock!I'll

lmao Peanut, you rock!

I'll give the socks a try next week if it gets cold enough to warrant something other than barefeet.

Just got back from my 3rd

Just got back from my 3rd time barefoot run.

Did 3.1 ( 5k ) ALL BAREFOOT and about 38 degrees. Got some smiles and a comment, "wow, barefoot" from a gal walking her dog.

Also got a sore spot on the medial ball of my right foot. Covered it with some Emu oil and a bandage. I was going to go back out and do a few more miles with my VFFs but decided to err on the side of caution seeing as how this was only my third time out and that spot was a bit sore.

I am pretty happy. Other than the boo boo it really felt good and my time was 31 minutes not really pushing it.

Peanut

Remember, it's not so important to be serious as it is to be serious about the things that are important - ?origin

http://cdbaby.com/carlislelinda

Hey Zumba Mamma. I took the

Hey Zumba Mamma. I took the time to read a little about you and what you do.

Very inspiring. I wish You lived closer, I would love to jump in and do some of your classes and such.

The energy of dance and running and movement etc etc is life itself.

I see a lot of joy all around you and in your spirit. Freedom and joy abound in your heart. You are like a dancing joy fairy.

Such a pleasure.

I send you Reiki Blessings

Peanut

9 BF miles this morning, pace

9 BF miles this morning, pace 8:57. I have a 5k in the AM so I probably shouldn't have run 9 but I'm a points whore.

Slow week for me with 36

Slow week for me with 36 miles reported but have a run scheduled for tomorrow evening

Tuesday - 2 runs totalling 10 miles

Thursday - 2 runs totalling 14 miles

Saturday - 1 run totalling 12 miles

On the plus side, I have 210 miles for the month of October which is a monthly PR for me.

Monday 3 miles, Tuesday 0.5

Monday 3 miles, Tuesday 0.5 miles (a mad dash to school to pick up my kid), Wednesday 3.6 miles, Thursday 45 minutes kettle bells/cross training, Saturday 5.6 miles.

It adds up to a 12.7 mile week. 11.0 miles of that was barefoot. Month total is 37.1, of which 35.4 was barefoot. While I know I have run more before, I've never kept track until this month.

Since I was sick a lot of this month, I tried something new: running more often, but less distance each time. I think it helped my body stay kind of tuned up and ready to go, since on these short runs things felt easy. Warming up wasn't as hard. But even 1 little session of kettle bells/cross training left my legs a little sore. Haven't quite figured out how to mix the weights and the running together.

18 mile week for me this

18 mile week for me this week...12 of it done on that trail run/hike I wrote about earlier ;-)

Picking the mileage back up this coming week for November!!