Remember Y2K?

So India and China are

So India and China are already halfway through the 1st day of the new year. That fact has always made new years pretty much of a 2nd rate holiday for me. Then to add insult to injury we have to watch the ball drop at 11:00 pm cst on ABC! Oh, they will rerun it for us but who are they kidding.

I got together with a bunch

I got together with a bunch of friends for Y2K, we figured if everything went black, at least we could hang out together until we ran out of food and started eating each other.

It was pretty anticlimactic. No cannibalism required.

I was a computer network

I was a computer network administrator for Delta Airlines at the time. Before Y2K, I spent hours, on the advice of our Engineering department, updating our servers and desktops with the latest everything in fixes. When Y2K came, we held our breath and NOTHING!

I think it was "nothing"

I think it was "nothing" because people took it seriously and fixed the problems.

If people would have taken it lightly, I suspect we'd have seen a few actual problems.

That may have been the case

That may have been the case for some systems, but I really question this for the majority of the equipment I worked on. I had hours and hours of experience and exposure to this. I saw systems that were untouched and updated after Y2K with no ill effects prior to doing so.

I think I was 15 at the

I think I was 15 at the time... Maybe freshly 16... My Y2K survival kit consisted of car keys, $27 in cash, and every hot girl I knews phone numbers. They would have still turned me down, but I figured if I pestered them enough eventually one of them would have to give in...

In his head.

In his head.

I wasn't worried, not only

I wasn't worried, not only because there were people working on the major systems, but how many times have there been dire predictions that never came true? I even had a tongue twister for the time: apocalyptic poppycock--say it 3 times fast.

But there was the only nike commercial I ever liked: things falling out of the sky, car crashes, major chaos, and one guy just glad to be out running.

Chaserwilliams wrote:I think

Chaserwilliams said:
I think I was 15 at the time... Maybe freshly 16... My Y2K survival kit consisted of car keys, $27 in cash, and every hot girl I knews phone numbers. They would have still turned me down, but I figured if I pestered them enough eventually one of them would have to give in...
I'm still trying to obtain $27 and car keys at the same time..

Hey, its only stalking if you

Hey, its only stalking if you get caught!!!

Bubba, its became a problem for me lately as well. Ever since I got married its a rare occasion for me to have $0.27 on me, let alone $27.00.....

Hey, Nick.  Try hovering your

Hey, Nick. Try hovering your mouse over the smiley you want to use, noting the code, then typing the code, instead of dragging and dropping (or copying?). That way you don't get all the garbage with it.

Chaserwilliams wrote:Bubba,

Chaserwilliams said:
Bubba, its became a problem for me lately as well. Ever since I got married its a rare occasion for me to have $0.27 on me, let alone $27.00.....

I became broke as well when I got married. Weird....... I wonder what could possibly happen to our money???:|:-|:stare:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7