Register UK chapter with Park Run as a club?

Spinningwoman

Barefooters
May 23, 2013
I can't access the chapters through Tapatalk, so apologies for putting this here. Could we register the UK chapter or the whole BRS with Parkruns as a running club? Then I could put it as my club and have it appear in results etc if and when I get any! There isn't any red tape or affiliation or fee or anything - just let them know the necessary information in an email:

Address: [email protected]
Subject: Please add my club
Details:
- Name of club:
- Name of results coordinator for club:
- Email address of results coordinator for club:
- Website address of club:
- Country that your club is based in:

Thanks!

I registered my office once as a club, as we had a triathlon club which was registered with the UK triathlon governing body.

Parkrun emailed me back and asked for the email of the club secretary, and also the ref number from UK athletics etc. guess you could give it a try.

I wouldn't run my local parkrun barefoot though, it's gravel trails with loads of stones. :(

Please ask the Chapter President for the UK, PM them. Otherwise, please feel free to add BRS as a whole.

OK, TJ I have done that I think - is a 'conversation' the same thing as a PM? But it looks like Martyn is not very active - he hasn't been on the board since May or blogged since early June, and his last blog entry says he isn't well and not running much, so he may be a bit out of the loop. If it is OK, if I don't hear from him in a day or two I will send the email off with myself as 'results co-ordinator' and then if I or anyone else wants to wave their BRS UK flag on their Park Run profile we can do it. I'm not likely to join any other running club, so I thought this would be a good thing to do - might get some more UK members!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Sounds good to me.