Reduced post frequency warning

Lomad

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
As I want none of you concerned about my untimely demise or shame from wimping out on running, I am alerting you to an upcoming drop in my posting frequency....

Because I got. A. JOB!!!!! My two year journey to my calling has paid off; I will be teaching 3rd grade and am super excited. Of course, I'll be up to my nose in work for the forseeable future; thus the absence from posting my inane snark.

I'll still be around (someone has to get Pirate's jokes), just less often, until I find my flow.

about damn time. right? congrats. oh, i'm sure you'll find time to get on here and engage is some adult conversation. i love kids but you need a break from them. energy is wasted on the young.

Congrats on the job, some of my best friends are teachers.... oh wait ...... some of my best friends were teachers..... oh nevermind. Congrats on the job:)

My wife is envious.......at age 56 she has been re-assigned to middle school after serving her entire career at the elementary level. She's FREAKING, started this week but no kids 'til after Labor Day.
Enjoy your third graders.......you will make a difference in their lives!

Reactions: Lomad
My wife teaches 3rd grade also. She teaches for a school for children with autism. Teaching is a noble profession, I wish you lots of luck (and beer).

Reactions: Lomad
As I want none of you concerned about my untimely demise or shame from wimping out on running, I am alerting you to an upcoming drop in my posting frequency....

Because I got. A. JOB!!!!! My two year journey to my calling has paid off; I will be teaching 3rd grade and am super excited. Of course, I'll be up to my nose in work for the forseeable future; thus the absence from posting my inane snark.

I'll still be around (someone has to get Pirate's jokes), just less often, until I find my flow.

They're letting you mold the minds of young children? Ye gods. I am now terrified of the future. B'sides, I thought your calling was to be a piano player in a Brothel...hmm...live and learn...and you only get my jokes because we're the same person. Don't believe it? Have you seen the both of us in the same room at the same time? I think not. The Defense rests... Now, congratulate yourself on getting the job and stop writing forum posts to yourself...it's creepy...

My wife is envious.......at age 56 she has been re-assigned to middle school after serving her entire career at the elementary level. She's FREAKING, started this week but no kids 'til after Labor Day.
Enjoy your third graders.......you will make a difference in their lives!

OOooohh...sorry to hear about Mrs. Longboard teaching middle school....7th and 8th graders are flat out evil. To cope, I offer some advice from Dr. Hunter S. Thompson: "Tear gas slaps at the problem. Nerve gas solves it."

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
ha! i get pirates jokes. he's right. i've never seen both of you in the same room.

Reactions: RunningPirate
Yes I am self congratulating and proud posting. No, I am not Pirate. But seriously, would I admit it if i was? Would any of us?

We don't like it when you talk about us like that and we know what, don't we? [We also refer to ourselves in the first-person plural, but that's another story for another time]

But don't believe that he's not me. See my profile pic? Search for "Smug a**hole eating oysters wearing a Triumph shirt" on iStockPhoto and it will pop right up, easy as cheese. What all of you don't know is that Lomad is having a nervous breakdown and I am a physical manifestation of a hallucination of his. In short, I'm his Tyler Durden.

Reactions: Bare Lee and Lomad
Congrats on the new job, Lo! Er, I mean RunningPirate, er I mean Matey!

We don't like it when you talk about us like that and we know what, don't we? [We also refer to ourselves in the first-person plural, but that's another story for another time]

But don't believe that he's not me. See my profile pic? Search for "Smug a**hole eating oysters wearing a Triumph shirt" on iStockPhoto and it will pop right up, easy as cheese. What all of you don't know is that Lomad is having a nervous breakdown and I am a physical manifestation of a hallucination of his. In short, I'm his Tyler Durden.

I am pirate's smug indifference.

Why do you get to be Tyler Durden? I am not gonna be the mincy Edward Norton in this Fight Club. Ain't. gonna. happen. At least I don't have Bob's bi*** t*ts...

Thanks for the kind words, the rest of you! Interestingly enough, my instructional coach has been barefoot every time i've seen her overt the past two days! Lots of runners on the staff, too, so potential for converts...

don't worry; you'll try to find some intern to grade your papers and do your lesson plans just so you can feed your brs needs.
oh, and congrats! interesting and a little scary that they let you have such a direct influence on the next generation. good luck with that. ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts