REALLY sore lower calf

Funny, I have exactly the

Funny, I have exactly the same issues I had when I was shod at exactly the same points in training. I wore kind of minimalist shoes and ran mid/forefoot though so maybe it doesn't make as much of a difference.

I am doing much better.

I am doing much better. Question now is, do I go for my 18 miler on Friday? Everything feels pretty great. I am getting a massage (one of those HURT YOU massages vs a happy spa one) on Wednesday, and running tomorrow and Tuesday maybe taking 2 days off in between. My plan right now is to do a loop where I can get back to my car at the halfway point and then making a call. If that leg starts really hurting, I'll back off. It would really not be okay for training at this point but I don't want a fracture. Grr, so frustrating.

I was going to say, try to

I was going to say, try to make it a course where you can cut your run short if you had to. Don't get stuck out there where you would have to go a long way back to your car. Since you already have a plan, I think you might be able to get away with it. Just stick to the plan though.

For those of you following

For those of you following my thread, I thank you, and I wanted to say that I had an AWESOME 18 miler today! I took it really easy and made sure to fuel and drink well, and while I'm sore today I don't have CLOSE to the awful soreness of two weeks ago. Thanks for your advice.

A few notes for those keeping score...I had a needle biopsy the week of the horrible run. No coincidence...invasive body stuff, that side is weak for a while. I also bought some calf sleeves, the Sauconys. And I laced my huraches slip-on so the lacing wasn't a factor either.

So the marathon looks hopeful if I: A. Don't have surgery beforehand (I may need it for my thyroid) and B. We don't have to travel to Florida as my dh lost his grandfather this morning. :( But at least I know I can go the distance, or most of it.

I am sorry for your husband's

I am sorry for your husband's loss, Chick.

I'm glad you have recovered. Good luck on the marathon.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test