Rate your job.

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Scale goes like this:

Level 5. Heavy boots and socks must be worn at all times.

Level 4. Boots or shoes and socks must be worn at all times.

Level 3. You can take boot or shoes off part of the time, no socks needed.

Level 2. Can go all the way down to non-strange looking minimalist shoes.

Level 1. Any footwear is ok, flip flops to VFF.

Level 0. Barefoot all day.

Mine comes in on level 0. Barefoot helps me do my job better.

I'm at Level 2. I wear water

I'm at Level 2. I wear water shoes at work, since my feet need to be fully enclosed. I work in food service. Yes it sucks.

BUT! I went on a job interview at an internet marketing company the other day (I used to work in advertising before I fell from grace) and they're super-casual. Both of my interviewers wore flip-flops, jeans, and hoodies. I think a barefoot job MAY be in my future...fingers crossed!!!!! (Though I did wear shoes for the interview, for formality's sake.)

Good luck, Mary!  Hope you

Good luck, Mary! Hope you get the job and barefootin' to boot! Let us know how it goes.

Level 4. I teach public

Level 4. I teach public school.
angry.png

Level 2.  But maybe I should

Level 2. But maybe I should rate a 1.5, since I kick my shoes off when sitting at my desk, and wear flip flops on Fridays. :)

Level 3.  I'm an I.T. Guy and

Level 3. I'm an I.T. Guy and work partly at home (barefoot), partly driving (barefoot), partly in telecom rooms (barefoot) and partly fixing stuff on the sales floor or business office (shoes.) I'd have to say I'm barefoot MOST of the time nowadays (nice.) I am very, very fortunate to do this for a living.

Six weeks ago I stopped wearing shoes except for when I absolutely have to (work, shopping, hot Florida pavement) and I'll tell you, my shoes feel horrrrrrible, my God they're uncomfortable. And I'm wearing the ones I used to think were the comfiest.

0.3 - I only have to put on

0.3 - I only have to put on my shoes when I have to watch the kids outside. They aren't supposed to go bf in the school courtyard (on the grass or sand is allowed), so I figure I can try to stick to the same rules...most of the time, anyway. ;)

Level 5 unfortunately . I

Level 5 unfortunately :( . I work in a machine shop, I am the tool and die guy! Sucks, but have to do it. I am barefoot everywhere else but work! I really hate shoes period!

a combination of 2 adn 4.. I

a combination of 2 adn 4.. I have to wear enclosed shoes and socks, but minimalist shoes pass.. so I wear them with handknit socks!

About a 2. I'm a public

About a 2. I'm a public school teacher too, but in Hawaii. When I taught in CA I always wore nice shoes but here I can get away with minimalist shoes most of the time. My kids love my VFFs. Barefoot would be pushing it though.

I am at 0 at my desk and at

I am at 0 at my desk and at home, but really I have to be at a 1.5 usually at work. I can wear VFFs or sandals (need to try huraches, no reason why not) to work (with dress pants!) but not flip-flops. I've been known to sneak over to the printer, the break room, etc early (I come in at 7:00 so nobody else is here) barefoot. Around Halloween we often have dress-up competitions so I always dress up as someone who can go barefoot (last year I was a barefoot runner, go figure! I was also the only person who dressed up LOL).

0 for me since I am self

0 for me since I am self employed and work from home. I usually try to do cute sandals when at conferences, sometimes heels or boots as well, but I only go to a couple of those a year so mostly bare for "work".

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts