Races planned for 2010

This could be a way to eventually meet up with other barefoot runners!

My tentative schedule:

May-
June-
July-
August
September
  • Woodstock Running Festival, Distance TBD, Sept. 24th, Pinckney, MI
October

Wow Jason, hefty schedule!

Wow Jason, hefty schedule! Good for you :)

So far, I'm planning on:

June: Minneapolis Half Marathon June 6th

August: Rochester Half 8/28/10

September: Gift of Life Half Sept 13

City of Lakes 25k Sept date tbt

November: Living History off road 7mi date tb

can't afford much more than that

Jason and Zeke, you guys are

Jason and Zeke, you guys are amazing! Truly great runners. Now where's that salami, salami, bologna smiley?

My next race is on 24 April

My next race is on 24 April at the Earth Day Run in Tigard, OR. I'm hoping other barefoot runners can make it!

http://www.energyevents.com/EarthDayRun

In the barefoot/minimalist section of my race calendar so far I've got:
  • January - Rock N Roll Arizona 50K - complete! 4:14:52
  • February - Hagg Lake 50K - complete! 5:02:23
  • March - Pacific Rim One Day Run - complete! 104.5 miles
  • June - Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run
  • July - White River 50 Mile Endurance Run, Sauvie Island Marathon
  • August - Where's Waldo 100K or Angeles Crest 100 Mile Endurance Run
  • September - Pine to Palms 100 Mile Endurance Run?
  • October - Portland Marathon, Autumn Leaves 50 Miler (perhaps barefoot?)
I do some shorter races throughout the year as they come up. Last weekend's Ft Vancouver 15K, a half marathon coming up in May, etc.

Jason, I'll be wearing my

Jason, I'll be wearing my Vibrams as WS. If I'm feeling really minimalist I'll start out in something other than my Treks, like maybe my KSOs. I have nowhere near the confidence in a long barefoot trail ultra to set out on an opportunity as rare as WS100 without some protection on my feet!

Zeke wrote:Jason, I'll be

Zeke said:
Jason, I'll be wearing my Vibrams as WS. If I'm feeling really minimalist I'll start out in something other than my Treks, like maybe my KSOs. I have nowhere near the confidence in a long barefoot trail ultra to set out on an opportunity as rare as WS100 without some protection on my feet!

I couldn't take that risk, either. I'd be tempted in any other race, but not WS. Did you get in as a three-timer? I don't remember your name being called in the lottery... but there were a few times the kids were being needy.
regular_smile.gif
You should contact Vibram about sponsorship... that's a Hell of a stage for VFFs to be on.

Great idea, Jason.  It would

Great idea, Jason. It would be so cool if you could both run that 100 in VFFs. I think you both should contact Vibram (or I could), and tell them about this pending ultra (and if Zeke) can attend to get sponsorhip and make an event out of it. It would be great press for Vibram and minimalist running alike.

Zeke will be a much better

Zeke will be a much better representative in WS. With my current training base, I'd be very hard-pressed to finish. And getting in is very difficult, even with sponsor exemptions. I'll be cheering for Zeke from the comfort of my couch. There's a very real possibility I will be up all night following the web updates. One of my fellow Grand Rapids runners will be running it, too.

What about Zeke running in

What about Zeke running in your 100-miler though, Jason, the Hallucination one?

I'm probably not running the

I'm probably not running the Hallucination 100 this year. Shelly (my wife for those that don't follow my ramblings
regular_smile.gif
) is palnning on running her first 50k at that race. if she does, I will probably run that race with her.

I'm planning on running Burning River for my BF 100 mile attempt (July 31st.) It would be awesome if Zeke could make that race! I don't think it is the best potential BF 100 miler, but it is certainly doable with the right training. Luckily, I live in an area with all the elements I'll face in Burning River... that will help a lot.

April10 Mile Road Race,

April
  • 10 Mile Road Race, Lethbridge, Alberta
May
  • Legacy Half Marathon, Cardston, Alberta
June
  • Family Fun Run (5 miles), Cardston, Alberta
  • Lethbridge Coulee Cactus Crawl (20 miles & on same day as run above), Lethbridge, Alberta
July
  • Run with the Grizz Marathon, Choteau, Montana
August
  • Moose Mountain Trail Run (42 km), Bragg Creek, Alberta
October
  • Le Grizz Ultra (50 miles), Hungry Horse, Montana

April Gaylord MI      

April Gaylord MI

T.G.I.S. 5k with my kids

Snowbird Spring Scamper 10k

May Petoskey, MI

Bay Harbor 5k...one of my favorites

Memorial weekend, 62 Mile trail test from Mackinaw City to Gaylord

on the Tipp of the Mitt's North Central Trail to test for a possible Ultra in 2011

June

Charlevoix Marathon

September

Dances with Dirt 50 mile

Ocotober

Run Vasa

I'm sure there will be some more local races thrown in, but these are the Must Do races for 2010

Blue Ridge Parkway Marathon

Blue Ridge Parkway Marathon in Roanoke, VA 4/24

My first barefoot marathon, 3rd in my life.

Grandfather Mountain Marathon in Boone, NC 7/10

I ran this last year in the aqua socks Jason loves to hate, ha ha. There's a two mile gravel stretch around mile 18 or so; I'll wear my cut-up vff classics for that.

That's a great plan, Adam. 

That's a great plan, Adam. You should relax, enjoy your beautiful wife, family, and that precious soon-to-be new born. Life is sweet, isn't it?

May 2nd Providence RI

May 2nd Providence RI Marathon - I am so injured right now, and have missed alot of training within the two weeks. Who knows if I will even be able to run it. I will start riding my bike now to maintain fitness. I will run this race in VFF's

June 27th - Fairfield, CT half marathon - really nice course, ran it last year but will run it barefoot this year.

That will be it for me, my wife and I are expecting our second child around July 8th so no more races for a bit. It's kind of a blessing, I am feeling a bit burned out right now from running, been years since I took a break. I just want to enjoy the summer this year with leisure barefoot running. No more training, no more schedules for awhile.

Next year I might do a 50 miler, we will see.

April [this month is a big

April [this month is a big factor in future barefoot races... if I'm not confident in my foot/sole readiness, then I may have to fudge it, eh??!?! at least for May. Then retool for trail running!!!]

17th - Striders 10 mile or Wheel Run Together 10K

May

8th - River Bank Run 25K

29th - Bayshore Marathon

June

12th - Beat the Grandma 5K

July

4th - some race somewhere

August

7th - Streets of Fire 8K

14th - Fallsburg Marathon

28th - North Country Trail Run 50 MILE

September

25th - Chamber Chase 10K

October

Grand Rapids Marathon with Staff - TBA

November

25th - some race somewhere

December

11th - Candy Cane Run and MANY other Grand Rapids Running Club races throughout the year...

Hey Jason,I would like to do

Hey Jason,

I would like to do the NCTR 50 mile BAREFOOT... It depends on how the trail transition goes... I really liked running the trails in Sedona, AZ with my VFFs.

I have a lot of adapting to do yet... Admittedly, I'm a little frustrated, yet I'm trying to stay positive!

I really enjoy trail running MOST MORE, and I'll be switching over to almost exclusively trails starting in June...

I am quite certain with s'more conditioning I can pull off the 50 miles unshod at my somewhat feeble ultra-marathon pace... It'll help me not take off too fast also...

DO YOU HAVE A TIME GOAL for NCTR??? [I'd like to break 10 hours... I think it's reasonable, since I ran about 2 miles extra last year: 10:20:06]