Race to race weight?

wow Cube (Nate) if you are

wow Cube (Nate) if you are borderline obese, then it's a balmy 80 degrees here in MN :p

Danjo, my gain has just been reflextive of my relative carelessness in my eating habits over the last year. I'm basically in the challeng to get that back in check, the weight sort of comes along for the ride. Though I've built more muscle in the past 6mos or so too, which acccounts for weight gain. That's why I say I like to go by how my clothes fit or like Board said (eyeballs ).

I'd acutally be inclined to hold myself accountable if I were posting what I was eating in a given day, so I may go that route as my "measurement" My weight today was 132.5

Abide, can some of us looking to more so get our diet/nutritional intake back on track post something in your challenge? I'm not sure the weight measurements will be my best reflection of my overall health.

Im 5'11" 145 Lbs, 130 Lbs

Im 5'11" 145 Lbs, 130 Lbs when im not strength training.(trying to hit 160 Lbs) Danjo if you try to gain muscle weight try to eat high protein food 5-6 times a day. And veggies are also very good for building muscle. But I don't think you will gain much muscle weight from swimming. Probably get stronger and gain some light athletic muscle, but if you're looking for weight you will need to start lifting.

Sure Zum you are welcome to

Sure Zum you are welcome to post and participate even if you only want to post your diet, anyone for that matter can take part in it. The only reason I picked weight is because I want to lose weight to see how it affects my marathon time. I don't really think I need to lose weight, but we'll see.

sweet, I'm in then:p maybe

sweet, I'm in then:p maybe starting after this weekend of holiday cookie baking:p

yeah Zum....that's just on

yeah Zum....that's just on those "charts" hight / weight.....they don't really take into account muscle mass, which is heavier than fat...so according to them, 5'8 at 160 is on the heavy side :).....and it might be, if I didn't have any muscle and weighed this much ;-).

Mr. Danjo, I'd caution you

Mr. Danjo, I'd caution you about mucking with your body weight. Just do what you are going to do and eat what seems good and enough for you.

Most of us here are a little older and have allowed our bodies to diverge from a healthy state. Others have changed our internal self images and want to bring our outside more in line with our inside selves. You sound like an otherwise precociously sensible young fellow. Just have a care about what you wish for.

I know it Cube, it drives me

I know it Cube, it drives me insane! They definitely don't take into consideration muscle mass, it's ridiculous that they are even still used and in Dr offices no less.

BMI is a great tool if it's

BMI is a great tool if it's used properly. It's a statistical tool to determine the overall health of a larger population, say 1000 people or more, but it's worse than useless on an individual level. It's kind of he same situation as those maximum heart rate formulas, 220-age and so on, they're accurate to within 20 beats or so. Useful for statistical analysis and for finding anomalies but won't tell you anything about your own true maximum value.

Back on topic then, I'm in. I'm at 209 and my long term goal is to drop 40 of those. I'm not in any real hurry to do so though.

I'm not trying to gain any

I'm not trying to gain any bulk muscle, and I'm not really doing it to aim for a target weight, I'd just like to build up a little more lean upper-body muslce (partially a strength thing, partially an image thing, I'd like to finally cover up my ribs.) I'm actually low enough body fat that I gain weight whenever I up my mileage, this summer when I was around 50mpw I weighed around 165, so I'd like to at least get back up there. And don't worry, I don't even think I'm capable of gaining weight from fat, high metabolism and all that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts