R2R2R

It is supposed to be awesome

It is supposed to be awesome but I think there are only a couple of times a year when the weather makes it practical. I figure this will have to be one of those things that will have to wait until later in life for me to do.

Nope but I'm planning one

Nope but I'm planning one this summer, want to join us?

I've hiked up and down many times I just have never made it over to the North rim. I'm thinking about doing a S. rim to S. rim to S. rim earlier in the summer for some training. And then going to the North rim in the fall.

As for the timing, I was thinking early September, maybe late August. I'm not sure, I have to figure out the family vacation schedule first.

Yeah, I was wondering time

Yeah, I was wondering time too. I hope I could get at least 1 person or 2 to carpool if I do it to split gas. I start my busy cycle for the two years in September and it get progressively busy until January-May when I'm pretty much on blackout... that said, I hope I could get the time in September to do it. Maybe I can talk Chase into it and my wife soon so I could find out. If not this September, the next for sure. I think September does seem like perfect timing though.

Ah, crap. I just spoke to my

Ah, crap. I just spoke to my boss before getting too serious and no way I will be able to leave for 4 days (2 day drive) in September. I think I'll put this on bucket list or at least the 2013 list.

As far as cost, I'd estimate $157 for gas (around 21 mpg, $3 a gallon), split between whoever went, you could just take tents and sleep at parks on the way or split a motel room 3 or 4 ways for the same cost, plus food and park fees.

Yup, I'm bringing a tent,

Yup, I'm bringing a tent, it's part of the fun.

Just to give you guys and idea of how cheap I am and how it can be. You can camp outside the park in BLM land for free, if you get into the park before 5am it's free and there is a shower inside the park for $2. Gas for getting up there is the most expensive thing. Sometimes I just drive up late at night and sleep in the back of the van in the parking lot too.

Too bad Hell's Hills is in

Too bad Hell's Hills is in April! I just read a report saying the best time is April or October. October would definitely be out of the question for me.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
And I have no idea what PBR is.

It is some of the cheapest and crappiest beer in my opinion. It's Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR). It's a highschoolers beer, kind of like Natural Light. Not saying I promote it for highschoolers either before someone lights into me about it, that's just who tends to drink it more.

Aw come on be nice natural

Aw come on be nice natural light is one of the worst beers ever produced. I would rank PBR as better than any mass produced beer ie Bud Light, Coors etc.. but far below any microbrew. It is an excellent beer to drink in the hot summer.

They are so cheap because they have a very small marketing budget.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
And I have no idea what PBR is.

Geez, I don't even drink beer, and I knew what that was! Just teasing you!

Hahahahahaha!  But so true

Hahahahahaha! But so true and so sad.