R2R2R 2013

Oh, I did. Back home safe, entire trip was perfect. I don't know how I can ever top this experience. I'll work on a short report soon, unfortunately few pictures.

It was great meeting you Ahcuah and your son, and Abide and Buzzgal. Look forward to future adventures, keep in touch.

Reactions: NickW
It was great meeting you and the boys too Rick. We had a wonderful trip as well.

Just wanted to say thanks again for reserving the sites and for the ride back to camp. You were a lifesaver!

Ok next up tentatively for October! http://www.crockettclan.org/blog/?p=520
And maybe a shorter run the next day?

Yes! That route looks great and this time I will run with you, forget about my marathon and Ironman friends, they are too slow;) . I have several of Crockett's reports bookmarked. You might have seen this one. http://www.crockettclan.org/blog/?p=691 I look forward to meeting him at the Bryce 100 (shhh, I registered for the 100 k)

yeah sorry ahcuah we took a little longer than expected...

No we were all in shoes and sandals. I've run the river run before barefoot and it was tough, so I don't even attempt it anymore.

I don't blame you at all. To me, the stretch through The Box is really hard, with chunky and sharp rocky bits. Maybe Ken Bob could do it, but I sure couldn't.

As I was hiking and running along, the trail seemed extra rough this trip. It made me wonder how I had even done those sections last year barefoot. Even more congrats to Thea Gavin and you for what you did barefoot in the Canyon. Hope our paths past again Ahcuah.

As I was hiking and running along, the trail seemed extra rough this trip. It made me wonder how I had even done those sections last year barefoot.

Hey, maybe they regroomed it specially for our appearance! ;)

Seriously, while it is nice to think that those trails are "natural", they are heavily engineered. (Heck, they have a 10-inch water main buried beneath them.) I don't have a good feel for how much scree would be on them if they really were completely natural.

Also, of course, it was great to meet you and your sons.

Short write-up and a picture from Mather Campground.

onemore4.jpg

Reactions: rickwhitelaw

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test