Question for "Full Time Barefooters"

Great rhyming TJ! I've

Great rhyming TJ!

I've started putting my Vibram Performas in my purse just incase. They don't take up much space and are light. I just can't wear flip flops. They twist on my foot, and I end up walking on the edge of them. :( I wish I could wear them because they are super cheap!

I wear flip flops almost all

I wear flip flops almost all the time now. Especially since it's a million degrees out here and shows no sign of stopping! But for me I think it's about my toes, too. I can't STAND regular running shoes now; I wear Converse sometimes because of the wider toe box and lack of arch support (the Target ones are particularly flat). But mostly it's flip flops.

I work in an office where I am a boss and I take my shoes off at my desk, but I wear them around because I feel like I don't need another thing to overcome to be successful at my job (chick, pastor, young, etc.). ;) I LOVE terra planas and have two pairs (Christmas present and clearance).

Liz,I hadn't considered

Liz,

I hadn't considered putting my VFFs in my purse; I have a pair of classics I could do that with perhaps.

I overdid it over the weekend though; my feet have raw spots on the bottoms so for the next few days I'm wearing sandals and VFFs around; it's just a tad painful to walk and after two days of "taking it easy" I'm finding I just need to cover them up some. :(

I've gotta figure out what I'm going to wear with dresses this winter though...I'm not really into the mary jane type shoes but otherwise the Terra Planas look good. I used to wear heels but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to handle that anymore.

Yikes, hate to sound like a

Yikes, hate to sound like a wuss, but stepping on pee and poo is just nasty and I'll wear shoes in public bathrooms...

ahem.. and anywho, I wear my runamocs to work and for the winter I have some ramblers... I do wear my flip flops because they are easy, but really the runamocs can be worn for a longer period. Long walks with flip flops hurt my feet and knees.

I can't wear normal shoes without pain, but my runamocs are comfy (could be a bit wider) and they blend in pretty good with slacks at work. probably not much use for the OP, my GF says they look to funny for her to wear at work.

I've worn nothing but

I've worn nothing but barefoot and flip-flops for the last 3 months, and let me say it's all about the ventilation. I put shoes on today for the first time in weeks, months actually, and my feet are sweaty and swollen and uncomfortable. I go barefoot, and maybe flip flops if I'm going in a store. I've found if I carry my flip flops in my hand, but go barefoot, nobody thinks a thing of it. If I'm just barefoot, I usually get sworn at once per run. Kind of funny, really!

I like flip flops just

I like flip flops just because they're simple. You can slip them on in a second, which means its easy to slip them off too. This means that even though I'm not allowed to go barefoot at my school, I'm still barefoot almost the entire time. I just wear them while walking between classes, and slip them off when I get there. The ventilation thing is also a huge issue. Really I don't consider wearing flip flops as wearing shoes, its more like standing on a foam pad all the time. No ground feel, but no constriction either.

H,You might be surprised to

H,

You might be surprised to find that working for the government you may have much more barefoot freedom than you would in private industry.

I recommend that you apply for membership in the Society for Barefoot Living

barefooters.org

and then have the members help you sort through the reality of your work situation.

Your boss is not free to make those dress code decisions, and instead must follow a complicated

protocal for change which he/she will probably fail at.

If there is no OFFICIAL rule governing your workplace, there won't be one until long after you're retired!
Barefoot is Legal is also a good place to connect with full time barefooters.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts