Putting faces to names here, who are you?

Phil, that's 2/3 (Max 5 and

Phil, that's 2/3 (Max 5 and Nyla 3) of them. My oldest (Olivia 7) was the photographer for the day:)

Zap, I wouldn't put you a day past 30!

Hey Guys! I haven't been

Hey Guys! I haven't been doing a lot of internetting these days, outside of a couple drive-by's at Facebook, but I have been running. And I got a new running partner, Leni the Wunderhund. She's from Greece, we found her through an animal rescue league and adopted her. She'll be one year old this coming Friday (the 24th, which is also my birthday). She's a mix between Brittany Spaniel and "Dackel" (related to Dachshund, but larger and more normal in form), two outstanding hunting breeds, and it shows. Her strong hunting instinct keeps her motivated for runs, up to about 8.5 miles so far, but she'll go much further than that if I give her the chance... Anyway, we ran a race on Saturday and got a pretty good, though unsharp finishline photo. The race was on trails, verrrry hilly, challenging, a little over 14km. We were a hit! Me in my Huaraches (which I removed for the final Km) and little Leni with her incredible enthusiasm, it was just a terrific running experience all round and I wanted to share it :) Here's the photo (it's unfortunately only a link to Picassa bc Photobucket isn't working for me anymore):

Willie! Good to see you and

Willie! Good to see you and nice to meet Leni:)

So, I'm not blond anymore,

IMG_1567-1.jpg

So, I'm not blond anymore, but this is me and the fam.

IMG_1684-1.jpg

Thought I'd put in a funny one. This was last Halloween.

1 war, 1 wife, 3 boys (11, 12

1 war, 1 wife, 3 boys (11, 12 and 15) and various other events and people have unfortunately conspired to put me past 42, and with enough running years and miles to be way beyond warranty. This picture is from 2 summers ago at Myrtle Beach, SC. You guys look a bit younger than us.

It looks like your kids are just naturals in the outdoors and completely comfortable walking, and you've got a talented young photographer to boot. We have to throw our three off the computers and outside sometimes to get them moving, but my 15-year-old has started running with me in this transition while I'm running really slow and only a mile or so at a time. I'm hoping he builds up fast enough to grow with me through this and stay on as a running partner.

Very sweet picture,

Very sweet picture, Zap. Precious child.

Board, I figured that out right off the bat when I first saw it.

I'm glad you have a new

I'm glad you have a new friend, Willie.

Zum, that is a great photo. Tell you daughter we enjoy seeing it here.

lots of beautiful happy

lots of beautiful happy barefooter faces..always smilin;)

Here's myself and 2 of the

Here's myself and 2 of the other 3 brothers after a 5K a couple weeks ago. From right-to-left: Ryan (21), Dalyn (17), Rob (me, 29). Ryan ran the whole thing barefoot, Dalyn ran half barefoot, and I ran it in my brand new Bikilas. I have my Frees on in this photo because I had already changed for our 4-mile run home :).

web.jpg

Here I are pictures from my

Here I are pictures from my last marathon(Des Moines and I know, I know I am wearing socks).

Barefoot Angie and I.

Barefoot Dama wrote:Here I

Barefoot Dama said:
Here I are pictures from my last marathon(Des Moines and I know, I know I am wearing socks).

Whew! That's a relief! I was going to say something intellectual like "forget your shoes" or "did you know you were running in socks"? Or even (the soon to be classic line) "Have you read Born to Run"?

Seriously, you & Angie ROCK! :)

These are pics my hubby did -

These are pics my hubby did - sorry about the watermark but it is his business. These are from one of his sites.

First one is me. Second one is just fricking amazing. Carlisle's self portrait. ( he is Cree First Nation )

Third one is one of my grandsons, Jaxon. Oh he is so cute!!!! LOVE HIM.

Last one is my grandaughter. We had done some portraits of her and she likes Shirley Temple so Carlisle did her in the same sepia tone and added Shirley.

Peanut

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac147/PhotographyByCarlisle/?action=view&current=Peanutsitting-1.jpg

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac147/PhotographyByCarlisle/?action=view&current=SelfPortraitPaintingedit.jpg

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac147/PhotographyByCarlisle/?action=view&current=Jaxatwindow.jpg

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac147/PhotographyByCarlisle/?action=view&current=JayShirley2.jpg

miker wrote:Barefoot Dama

miker said:
Barefoot Dama said:

Whew! That's a relief! I was going to say something intellectual like "forget your shoes" or "did you know you were running in socks"? Or even (the soon to be classic line) "Have you read Born to Run"?

Seriously, you & Angie ROCK! :)

Thanks Mike, It was awesome to have met Angie, we met last year during the Des Moines marathon.

I really wanted to have ran the Marathon BF but it was just too cold for me(I suffer from Raynaud's condition).

Oh I just realized the family

Oh I just realized the family pic showed up on my avatar. I had been trying to get it copied to the post and wasn't successful. If you can see , I am in the green and white shirt second from the right with my daughter in green on far right.

OMG my daughter is 40 sons are 32 and 27 - how did that happen??? LMAO

From left to right

Son Ray with Wife Jessie and grandson Brody, son Roger wife Shannon and grandson Jaxon, Me and Hubby Carlisle, Daughter Sheila and hubby Tim with grandaughter Jaidan who is Rog and Shannon's oldest.

That's my Fam.

Peanut ( kids call me Gramma Peanut )

You all are great.  Thanks

You all are great. Thanks for sharing your family with us.

This one I'm not sure about: 

This one I'm not sure about: Ha!
ry%3D400

TJ, they're the drinking club

TJ, they're the drinking club with a running problem, remember? Should be pretty obvious from that picture. Kinda makes our PWI thread look like a church service, no?

Yes, a church service.My

Yes, a church service.

My shod running club's motto is the same, "Drinking club with a running problem." They find every possible reason to drink together. So far, I haven't seen them show up to any events looking like that though. Whew!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts