Putting faces to names here, who are you?

awesome!!

awesome!!

it looks beautiful there

it looks beautiful there Nature! Nicely shaded in that particular spot too :)

This was at our school's

4999912822_8ae05ec2c9.jpg
This was at our school's "dragon boat" races. I am the stud in the front who was the flag grabber :p
4999321131_865ceb8e6e.jpg
I also play the alto saxophone in our high school band ;) It's so great to be part of the barefoot community! You all are great and so helpful, thank you.

Matt, nice to put a face to

Matt, nice to put a face to the screen name. Awesome dragon boat race pic, is this an annual event at your school?

Shacky wrote:just out of

Shacky said:
just out of curiousity, why do barefoot runners seem to always take photos baring the soles of their feet?

I've noticed that KenBob and Ted have people do this during their seminar photos and it's always left me puzzled as to why.

Glad Im not the only one who found this puzzling. When I see people do that it reminds me of that captain morgan commericial.

Mmmmmm.  I love Captain

Mmmmmm. I love Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. You can't be that.

Matt, those are great pictures. Nice avatar too.

TJ - Thanks! There's not a

TJ - Thanks! There's not a whole lot of pictures of me but the few that exist aren't too shabby :p

Zumba - Yes, we have the race annually, and we have been doing the race for over 20 years, at a country lake with a big beach. The teams are mainly from the largest high school in our town but also from 2 other smaller schools. I think there were at least a dozen teams this year, if not more. Each team has about 20 people rowing (!) for about 400 meters. At the end, the flag grabber puts their whole body over the edge of the boat to grab the flag, and the first team to grab the flag wins. It's a double elimination competition, and it's really fun!

You might like this picture too - In one of our races we grabbed the flag at the exact same time..
4999696063_d4af869d28.jpg

They said we won :cool: Anyway, that's just one cool thing we do here in Iowa

Matt that is so rad!!

Matt that is so rad!! Seriously that picture rocks! Who'd have thought Iowa would have such an awesome event. Where do you live in IA? I didn't think IA had many lakes.

TJ, if you like spiced rum you should try Sailor Jerry's. Talk about awesome spiced rum.

Yum, Zum.Matt, my running

Yum, Zum.

Matt, my running club takes part in the local Dragon Boat Races as well. They normally place in the top three. There are LOTS of boats taking part in the lake where I run. It's a huge event every year. Those are great photos. You should have that last one blown up into a poster, so you can hang it on your wall. My husband comes from a small town in Breda, Iowa, near Carroll, with less than 500 citizens.

Nice pic., Cassie.  Precious

Nice pic., Cassie. Precious sweet baby.

You're all a handsome bunch

You're all a handsome bunch Phil. Nice photo!

Last night I Googled a race I

Last night I Googled a race I ran three weeks ago and found out that a newspaper photographer found this shot worthy of posting!

Not exactly putting a face to a name, but this is un-cropped how she submitted it!

Them there feet be mine, and it's a yeller apple, not a bananna in my hand.

Those bricks were 1/4 mile at the start, and another 1/4 mile at the finish.

Right on LB, nice find!!

Right on LB, nice find!!

That's a great photo.

That's a great photo.

And note this T.J, .....the

And note this T.J, .....the guy with the "runner's legs" and state of the art shoes is BEHIND me in line for the recovery food!

My thumbnail isn't that great

K_firstday.jpg

My thumbnail isn't that great with the sunglasses. This is me and my oldest son on his first day of school this year.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts