Product Reviews & Course Reviews Are Back!!!!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
We now have our Product Reviews and Course Reviews moved over from the old site. You will find them under the new Product Reviews forum and the new Course Reviews forum. Please send a HUGE THANK YOU to joohneschuh for stepping up to help out the club by volunteering many hours of his time to get this done. Without him and his efforts, this very important data may have been lost. So if you had a review on the old site, you will find it here on this site along with your pictures.

We hope later, with funding and development, to offer the Product Reviews and Course Reviews in their own sections on the site along with a Rating System where you can rate the footwear products and courses on their barefoot-friendliness. But for now, if you have a product review or course review you would like to add, please find the appropriate forum in the list of forums and add it. You may also, additionally, copy your review into the Gear & Footwear Forum, if you like.

THANK YOU joohneschuh! We appreciate you!

EDIT:

In the meantime, please use these ratings if you wish:

Review Type:
Race
Trail

Barefoot Friendliness:
1 Excellent
2 Above Average
3 Average
4 Below Average
5 Poor

Give each a rating of 1 to 5 out of 5 stars:
Ground Feel
Zero Drop
Flexibility
Toe Box
Weight
Comfort
Fit
Traction
Durability
Performance
Cross Training
Design
Aesthetics

Danke joohneschuh. Hopefully I can improve on my writing so I can contribute some reviews.

Are there any guidelines on rating a trail as barefoot friendly? It's hard to rate certain conditions based on the variety of people's conditioning. Example: I'm running on surfaces now that would have hurt in VFF's a year ago. Maybe smooth cement is a 1 for most, but I rate it higher because of hardness. I seem to remember some old threads with some guidelines. Maybe instead of a scale, a detailed description the trail would do.

Ken Bob started a picture collage of different terrains, and he rated each one. I'd like to collaborate with him and expand on that at some point (we've talked about it in the past). It's just ANOTHER project I find hard to get the time to work on though. Anyone want to volunteer for this? Hmmmm?

In the meantime, please see ratings above if you would like to use them, not required though.

THANK YOU joohneschuh!
You´re welcome, I´m glad I could help.

In the meantime, please see ratings above if you would like to use them, not required though.
Funny, while you edited your post and added the ratings I was writing a post including pictures from the ratings on the old site!

Maybe you could add one sticky thread at the head of either section (product reviews and course reviews respectively) to remind of the ratings that were used?

EDIT: Oh, you´ve done this already. Always one step ahead, at least. :)

Ha!