Closed Prefixes for threads in chapters

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Please ignore the new thread prefixes when making a thread in a chapter. I am working on something. Thanks!

can all the chapter alerts stop showing up on under "what's new"? slightly frustrating to read something, have a comment, and not be allowed to. is that the only way to get comments to each chapter member? the alerts works for that, right?

No, they cannot, Mig, sorry. That's the way the site's software works. There is no "setting" to be changed that would simply make it so. Otherwise, we would have to spend more money to have changes made to the site's software to accommodate your request. Would be nice, but the request would be low on the totem pole. (It would have to be written so that chapter threads only show up in the chapter members' lists.)

Notes for all: Those are not Alerts. The Alerts are found in the upper right hand corner. Those are threads created in those chapters. They post to the What's New list just like any other site activity (they/it's all part of What's New). Yes, you have to be a member of the chapter in order to post. Otherwise, if you are not not part of the chapter and/or interested in the conversation, just skim over it like you would any other thread you are not interested in reading, then when you've gone through the list of What's New, click on the Mark All As Read.

is that how that works? cool. i don't remember the chapter postings coming up under whats new. if i can mark all as read than that works out great. thanks.