Pre and Post Pacing

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I am feeling a little slow today. I think my GPS must be lying about my pace but it brought to mind that Pre Transition and Post Transition information is very good information for new comers. I propose another reference thread. Here's what we will do. Post your name, your Pre transitional pace and where you currently are with pace, as well as how long since you started the transition. Then I will update this OP with the numbers so they can be compared. If you are a member of the FMT I will put you on top (bennies, baby).

Nyal Davidsson; Pre: 10:30 asphalt, 14:00 trails Post: 11:00 asphalt, 14:00 trails (7 months).

Daniel Martinek; Pre: N/A (new runner) Post: 7:14 asphalt, --:-- trails (never ran a trail yet).

Hmmm, my road 5K PR is 9:57

Hmmm, my road 5K PR is 9:57 pace, but I was very well trained at that point. I just ran a 4 Miler (with a fever that slowed me down) at 10:20 pace. My previous BF road 5K in August was 10:46 pace so my times are dropping now. I am not back to where I was but I feel like I'm getting close. I started the transition in January of this year, but have been recovering from a serious injury without surgery (Sports Hernia) and I go barefoot and wear minimalist shoes.

All my PR's are barefoot. 

All my PR's are barefoot. I've tried a couple times experimental runs where I put on shoes for kicks, but I always end up slow and sluggish. I do where stuff in the Winter, but I can't say I do it for speed, though.

Stephanie "Sloutre" M.;  Pre:

Stephanie "Sloutre" M.; Pre: N/A (new runner), Post: 10:30 barefoot on asphalt, no trail yet (6 month since couch to 5k...I'm totally out of the couch now).

Sometimes I run in huaraches but I don't know if I'm faster or not. I run relatively short distances compare to some other members, between 5 and 10k. I guess people don't have the same pace for a 5k/10k, a semi, a marathon or more.

I hope to improve my mileage over the winter and get my pace closer to 9:40 (6 min/km).

Also I don't use any GPS or computer or anything. I wear a digital watch with a timer and estimate my distance on mapmyrun.com

I kinda take a while to get

I kinda take a while to get started, so I don't know what to give as my exact pace... Shod and barefoot my first mile or two is always the slowest, then I kinda get warmed up. Well for training runs anyways, races I'm already warmed up so I start fast. And of course barefoot I rarely get in runs that are long enough to actually let me settle in. So a 2 miler takes me half an hour, but I can still do a 5 miler in 45-50 min. And I've only done one race barefoot, and that was a 10 mile that I wasn't really ready for. Whatever, I'll just pick some numbers.

Daniel Jensen; Pre:7:30 (10 mile) 6:00 (3 mile) light trail Post: 15:00 (first mile) 8:30-9:00 (subsequent miles) asphalt/light trail (3 Months)

And I do have MT, though I'm not sure I've been inducted yet.

Pre: N/A, I just got off the

Pre: N/A, I just got off the couch in July, post: asphalt 12:52 (Just got to this today)...trails, n/a I haven't tried a trail run yet.

Pre: 9:15ish  Post: 9:30ish

Pre: 9:15ish Post: 9:30ish Trails: n/a yet Transition: 7 months

PR for one mile pre-transition 7:45, post-transition 8:30

Joseph "JosephTree": Pre N/A

Joseph "JosephTree": Pre N/A Started in May, Post unofficial road 8:10 for 4 or 5 miles

Trail, unofficial, somewhat slower (I'll update after my inaugural 10 mile race this Sunday.)

Historically:

Pre: 10 miles on the road - 60:05, 1985

26.2 miles on roads - 3:18:22, 1984

10K on roads - 35:20 1985

At this point in my life, I'm happy to find joy in putting one foot after the other on a regular basis.