Posting?

BareFootNick

Barefooters
Jun 7, 2010
I tried to introduce myself in the pub.

I ended up with this message "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator."

What exactly happened?  You

What exactly happened? You had a post open, you typed some content, then hit Save, and received that error? That is weird. We haven't had anyone complain of that yet. You should feel honored; you're the first. Do you suppose it was an encrypted message for "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service?" You know how it gets in those bars sometimes. They have to keep the riff-raff out.

Seriously, I guess if that ever happens again, you could log out then log back in. Sorry about that. Please let me know if you have any more trouble in the future.

I have no idea.  What version

I have no idea. What version of IE do you have, and have you visited their site for the latest patches recently?

It seems to be IE 7.0, and

It seems to be IE 7.0, and I'm not allowed to download patches or anything like that. It's a university computer, and fairly tightly controlled. But I've noticed that if I disable rich text, it seems to accept the post without shutting down IE. It's a weirdness, I guess.

Great work around.  I have IE

Great work around. I have IE 8 and do not experience that problem.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts