poor RWOL, what the heck is going on over there?

Lee, thank you for your comments. You have no idea how much they mean to me. I am so touched. It's nice to know I am appreciated, since I've worked so hard. You are all so well worth it though.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I see, Willie. I never thought about Remy's whole kit and kaboodle when I read that. My bad.

Dad's from Vereeniging, in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area.

How often do you get back there? I have an uncle in the Jo'burg area, emigrated before I was born. I spent a great month touring South Africa in 1997 after I graduated, and even managed to get tickets to the last Lions test.

When I said I like Amby Burfoot's column, I meant I like Alex Hutchinson's Sweat Science column.

Cop out! I still like Amby Burfoot's column, whatever that bully Willie says:D

Reactions: Bare Lee
I've never been. Dad moved to the States when he was 18, he's been back several times but when he went he wouldn't let us go; I guess because it wasn't exactly safe at the times he went.

I've never been. Dad moved to the States when he was 18, he's been back several times but when he went he wouldn't let us go; I guess because it wasn't exactly safe at the times he went.

I can understand that, even back in 97 there were places I was advised not to go to, particularly in Johannesburg. Cape town was great though, very much like a mediterranean european city. I've only been back once myself since then, for work

All of my family is now out of S.A, My grandmother passed away there and my grandfather moved here, some of the family went down under and some went to Europe; my dad is actually in UK right now visiting a cousin.

I was doing some "research," and it looks like Mark created a new forum over there at that other place called Spam under the Discussions section. His forum description reads, "A special place for all of our spammers to post. Enjoy."

Why do you suppose they've limited the number of threads seen on each page? I can hardly move from one to the other, page, forum, whatever, without their site just crawling. Anyone else see how slow it is over there?

Yeah, I pretty much stopped going there, it's very slow. I thought is was my browser or something when it only showed a few posts at a time. Weird.

Why do you suppose they've limited the number of threads seen on each page?

I don't think it's intentional at all, TJ. It's all willy-nilly, some pages have five threads, some have twenty.... some forums are completely normal, some (especially yours) are totally whacked.

Andy, yeah, the Spammer forum is a nice touch, lol. Remy's got a great sense of humor!

the lack of posts is due to spam posts being reported/hidden. It still chokes off the volume. I think the slowness is their crappy software's effort to detect/prevent spam (it works great, no?). It has been awful lately.

anything having to do with shoes is just awful.

That makes perfect sense, Lomad. Man, lots of pages are showing just two threads. That means there's a ton of spam on those pages.

maybe I'm dumb but why would deleting individual posts, so matter how many, affect the number of threads displayed on a page? If their default is 20 threads, then it should just display 20 threads. Delete a thread and older ones get bumped upward, so to speak... That's what would happen here and at every website I've ever visited or administered. RWOL is just w-e-i-r-d, lol

No. That's not what happens here. Here, you can choose to delete a thread permanently or delete it from public view. If you delete it from public view, it still counts toward the total threads allowed on one page. Either way, this software allows you to place a comment as to why it's being deleted, which means it's still being recorded, not truly, completely deleted.

well, yeah, that makes sense, TJ, but I doubt they'd just be hiding hundreds of threads about watching the European Cup from public view. If we permanetly delete threads here, the thread-count per change stays the same. What I mean is, it really doesn't make sense that the page display over there is so truncated, it should adjust automatically. And that problem is a huge problem because it's really interfering with the flow - right now, I just consider the forum completely broken, unusable.

Sad :(

Oh, I agree. I would have thought that a big, giant corporation like that would have had better measures in place.

And I was wrong on one comment I made, only the ones deleted from public view are allowed to keep a "reason" why they are being removed.

lol, I had to read your earlier post three times before I understood what you meant... you said "either way", but I didn't see it at all.

btw, I deleted some threads (permanently) during the clean-up action. Old threads where someone had announced an upcoming event that had come and gone, and had had zero replies...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test