Plantar Fasciitis: How Runners Can Learn How To Step Out of the Pain

Plantar-Fasciitis1.jpg
Plantar Fasciitis: How Runners Can Learn How To Step Out of the Pain
By Sock Doc

Plantar fasciitis is a type of foot pain that occurs in the heel and sometimes in or around the arch of the foot as your plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue on the bottom of your foot. Symptoms are usually worse in the morning, and tend to ease off or go away as you walk throughout the day. The pain can be sharp over one specific point, or more diffuse throughout the fascia (sheath of muscle) of the foot. Today this is treated conventionally with “night splints” to help stretch the fascia, and reduce muscle contracture. It is not a very comfortable way to sleep and the therapy is about as beneficial and primitive as a caveman making a square wheel. As with most pain, anti-inflammatories are prescribed as are orthotics, which only support the dysfunction and weaken foot muscles. Here’s why you really get it, and really fix it. To continue reading, please visit: http://sock-doc.com/2011/03/plantar-fasciitis/

Thanks for posting this TJ
I've tried all the prescribed treatments for PF for the last year and a half to no avail.
I am going to follow the Sock Doc's methods and see what happens.
I definitely have tight calf muscles with trigger points.
I had been bare feet for three years when the PF hit me.
He talks about stress as a contributing factor. I was starting marathon training, that could have brought it on.
Thanks again

Can someone help me???

A few some months ago I started to have a heel problem, began with heel spur and passed to neuropathology baxter (lateral plantar fasciitis). I have done treatment with shock waves and I'm better now, but my doctor told me that I have to do infiltrations with ozone and growth factors, is this a correct treatment or there are alternatives? Has happened to somebody here?

Thanks

Can someone help me???

A few some months ago I started to have a heel problem, began with heel spur and passed to neuropathology baxter (lateral plantar fasciitis). I have done treatment with shock waves and I'm better now, but my doctor told me that I have to do infiltrations with ozone and growth factors, is this a correct treatment or there are alternatives? Has happened to somebody here?

Thanks
Paulo, please feel free to ask our doctors (six of them) in our Ask the Docs forum for more input.