Plantar fascia tear, and neuroma barefoot running good or bad idea?

Travs

Barefooters
Sep 29, 2015
So i have thought about begining to do barefoot running. However, three weeks ago i was running (in worn out shoes). A few days later i got this random foot pain and thought it would go away and it didn't. So i went into the podiatrist and he said seems like you have a plantar fascia tear. My foot was bruised and swollen on the bottom around mid foot and on top around the third and fourth metatarsal. He said keep it wrapped in ace bandage stay off it for two weeks and ice it. I did that and the bruising went away mostly, the foot is still very tender though. I went into the followup appointment yesterday and he asked how it was doing and i said its still tender. And i showed him a spot between third and fourth metatarsal right where the toes meet the foot and told him i noticed pain here while it was healing. He squeezes it and i felt a load of achy strong pain he said it seems like a neuroma. He said he was going to give it a steroid shot. I was hesitant but allowed it because he said otherwise it may get worse and need surgery. I have a follow up apointment on the 13th and he plans on giving another shot of it if its not better. He said its neuroma or neuritis. With all that being said. Would barefoot running be a good or a bad idea for me? I here a lot of people talking about becoming injured from doing it. Would it help with the neuroma? Are there any exercises i can do to help it? Any input about personal experiences with this would be appreciated.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts