Pineland Farms 50K Trail Run - May 27th 2012

Good luck Gentile.  From

Good luck Gentile. From everything I've ever heard from you I'm sure you will do just fine on it. I like the just finish it and have fun mentality.

From what I've seen of the

From what I've seen of the course, it looks very barefoot-friendly. Have fun! And give me a race report on this one!

Awesome! Another member makes

Awesome! Another member makes the plunge into ultra territory!

I'm happy for you man! I think anytime your racing a new distance, your first race should be enjoyable, them later on start setting goals and expectations for yourself. I say this, but I set a goal for my first half marathon. Not an overtly lofty goal mind you, but a goal none the less.

Isn't this the same race that

Isn't this the same race that Trisha is doing as her first 50k as well?

Side note - 2012 certainly appears to be the year for first time 50kers. Have a great time out there!

Good luck Gentile.  (I hate

Good luck Gentile. (I hate saying good luck because I know you will earn it) But good luck avoiding the little things that so often pop up when preparing for a race.

Deciding to register can be the hardest part. I should stop over thinking everything and just register for the 50k in my area. A good year for ultra's (even though some of us might have to use shoes).

Keep posting your training tips and progress for inspiration.

Thanks Rick!   I know, you

Thanks Rick! I know, you never know what training will bring. I say go for it and register! The only reason I am going barefoot is because it seems somewhat "barefoot friendly". If footwear is needed so be it. Road races are a guarenteed barefoot run for me, trails are different.

How's your training going, Adam?

I'm doing the 50 miler this year - I did the 50K last year.
Training is going very well for me. I'll top 200 miles for the month of March, which will be a definite monthly mileage PR. I ran a six hour event on March 18th. I ran the whole time, and I felt like I could physically have kept on going. Mentally, might be another story - I was completely not thinking straight.

Wow, 200 miles for a month, that is something else. If I reach 100 miles for a month I am happy, I am not a big mileage person. I am running, really wouldn't call it training though. I try to run 4 times a week, and get my long run in on the weekend. My training will be 99% roads for a trail race, should be interesting. I lost my job in January so I am stay home dad now, I try to get my runs in when I can, but I still expect to rock the 50k!

Baby your quads, if there are lots of ups and downs. Take shorter steps and kind of lean back into the hill a bit. IMHO, blown out quads are probably the most miserable pain that comes along with running really long distances, esp. when it comes to getting on and off the toilet in the days following.

Reactions: zapmamak
Dutchie, I never heard back from you about your question, a donation, the medal? Did you get my reply? I posted it in the thread where you wrote your question to me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts