Piedmont Park & Suwanee Towncenter Park Meetings This Week

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by thomas_hayes, Sep 25, 2011.

1. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hello everyone,

After a little scouting out, I believe that I have found a great meeting spot for Piemont Park this Monday the 26th at 5:30PM. Please follow this link to Google Maps to see exactly where it is:http://g.co/maps/sehqt

The Piedmont Park meeting spot is directly on the park's recommended running loop which is exactly 1.68 miles long. After meeting here, the group can immediately start the run without having to walk any distance.

The Google Maps link also shows the exact meeting spot for Suwanee Towncenter park that will be this Tuesday the 27th at 5:30PM. It is directly in front of City Hall so it should be hard to miss and is also not farm from the beginning of the running path to the Suwanee Greenway.

My cell phone number is 931-683-9594. Please contact me if you have any questions or suggestions as to these upcoming events.

I look forward to seeing you all there and having the opportunity to meet new barefoot runners!

Thomas Hayes

Georgia Chapter President

2. Sbonder

Sbonder Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Sorry I won't be able to make it, an appointment now conflicts. Wish I met more barefooters at Duluth 5k. I ran it barefoot as did 3 others I saw. I saw 15 or so in Vibrams.

3. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hey Scott,

It was great to see you at the Duluth 5k this morning and congrats on doing the entire race barefoot. I am glad you made the drive out to Duluth. Maybe I can get down your way and we can meet for a run.

Gerry

barefootnga@hotmail.com

4. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I'm going to try to make it. However, if I'm not there by 5:30, don't wait for me to get started. How far are are you planning to run?

5. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I plan on running at least 3 miles. Maybe more depending on how I am feeling, but everyone is recommended to run whatever distance they feel most comfortable doing.

Thomas

6. strangepod

strangepod Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I will be there but will only beable to do about 1-2 miles. See you at 5:30..

7. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Looking forward to meeting you!

8. strangepod

strangepod Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Sorry I could not make it - had a family emergency come up. I hope I can make it next time, I work right down the street so that makes it easy.

John

9. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hope everything worked out for you! Looking forward to meeting you soon.