Philly Half Marathon

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Downtown Runner, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Downtown Runner

Downtown Runner Barefooters
    1. New Jersey

Hey NJ BFers!I just signed up to run the Philly Half Marathon on September 18th. Anyone else planning the same? Bob

2. Elvisbloom

Elvisbloom Chapter Presidents
    1. New Jersey
    2. New York
    3. Presidents

Hey Bob! I ran this race last

Hey Bob! I ran this race last year and its an amazing course. Starts downtown and gets real pretty once you run by the river. Unfortuantely I can't run it this year due to my son's emminent arrival into the world, but good luck and if you need any tips, I am your man.

3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Awwwwww!  How precious.  A

Awwwwww! How precious. A new edition on the way! I LOVE babies. Share some pictures when the time comes, Elvis. God bless the little one, you, and yours!

4. Downtown Runner

Downtown Runner Barefooters
    1. New Jersey

Congrats on the new arrival!

Congrats on the new arrival! I have four and they were each a great blessing. Now one of them is expecting our first grandchild in February. (it was good of her to plan for the birth in the Winter when grandpa isn't running races....... )

Enjoy!

5. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Barefoot whenever safe, then

Barefoot whenever safe, then very loose coverings for all other times, hot cold. I let my kids run around barefoot all the time. Scratches and scrapes are a part of childhood. Let his feet develop these first few years when they are forming the most. Besides, fashion doesn't come into play with young, young kids, so you can get away with it for awhile.

6. Elvisbloom

Elvisbloom Chapter Presidents
    1. New Jersey
    2. New York
    3. Presidents

Thanks guys! I can't wait to

Thanks guys! I can't wait to make him a little barefooter just like his pops. My wife and I are already debating shoes vs. barefoot.