pez anserine bursitis?

Fancy Free

Barefooters
May 9, 2011
I've had mild but persistent pain on my right inner knee, and "tight bands" going up the leg for 4 months. A chiropractor friend of mine said it was probably pez anserine bursitis. I've haven't been running, but 4 months. Argh. any advice on treatment? Thanks

you can get bursitis from

you can get bursitis from Pez?!

ok, sorry about that. I couldn't resist.

If it were on the outside of the knee it kind of sounds like ITBS, but on the inside I'm not sure. have you tried getting a massage or using a roller or anything on the tight area? an uneducated guess (based on what I know of ITBS and similar ailments) would lead me to believe the "tight bands" are muscles or ligaments pulling on that spot at the knee, and thus the knee pain. for example, I had a bout with ITBS a couple months back, where i had some significant pain at my right knee (but on the outside), coupled with a tightness running up the length of my thigh (which is typical of ITBS, I'm told). I rolled the hell out of the tight area for a few days and the pain in my knee went away.

Fancy Free A tough what to

Fancy Free

A tough what to give insight to what the injury is and why you have it. Like I’ve mention before on these posts….treating symptoms rarely works for running injuries unless you identify the cause.

Many folks who have pain in this area have weak hips which cause excessive internal rotation of the femur and a knee valgus in mid stance. This is when you have the “kissing knee” effect while jumping.

Lack of hip extension may force you into an overstride pattern too.

Would really need to see your core issues and how you move.

Dr. Mark