Perth Kilt Run - 2012

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot YOW, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

I participated in the 3rd annual Perth Kilt Run. A 5 miler, in which every runner must wear a kilt. This year Perth Canada was competing with Perth Scotland in a kilt to kilt challenge. Both cities were out to set the Guinness World Record for most kilted runners. We had 1729 runners in the Canadian race, smashing the old record by several hundred. It certainly was a sight to see the road jammed for 1/2 km with kilted runners.

This is a wonderful event. The whole day is filled with events and bands. There are pipers and drummers along the route. The fire department had one of their pumper trucks spraying refreshing water. There are water stations at every kilometer, and we run on the oldest golf course in Canada.

An added touch this year was the warrior class. Each warrior (male/female) had to run with a shield and sword. There were challenges for the warriors, which included one station where you had to take a shot of scotch.

I fielded many questions about barefoot running. It would be fantastic to have a group of barefooters running this event next year. Hopefully, I will be able to round up a handful for 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. dutchie53

dutchie53
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. Nederland -...

Way to go Rod. Congrats on a great turn out for kilts. Was there many "barefooted shoed" runners out there? Seeing more then just a few of those here in the Peg.

3. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

Great Fun Dutchie. I saw half dozen VFFs and a couple Merrell Dash. I was approached by 4-5 people interested in starting barefoot running. I pointed them to BRS.

4. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

Check out the video.

5. lparker

lparker
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York

You're tempting me to get my enhanced drivers license so I can get back home. Where is this run?

6. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

In the village of Perth Ontario. (about 80k west of Ottawa) They run a 8k loop with around 1800 kilted runners. Loads of fun.