Peroneal Tendonitis

Chiquituno

Chapter Presidents
Sep 12, 2010
Olympia, WA
I developed pain on the outside of my right foot, midway between the toes and heel and a little in front and below the malleolus. A quick google search seems to point to peroneal tendonitis.

Has anyone else experienced this barefoot running? I'm wondering why I would get this just on one foot and if there is a biomechanic issue.

It is a biomechanical issue

It is a biomechanical issue IMO. I think it is often treated as an overuse injury but that does not make sense to me. What kinds of shoes do you wear when not barefoot? In my case, PT was exclusively caused by shoes with heels (even slight heels) and flip flops. Sometimes it is caused the Uggs injury when it is cause by "gripping" down on shoes that do not have a means of staying on easily. I don't have it anymore at all.

Does this pain lessen while

Does this pain lessen while running?

TJ's question is very good.

TJ's question is very good. When I had peroneal tendonitis, once I could barely walk at all but headed out all geared up to "go through the motions". I hobbled the two blocks of my loosening up/warmup walk. By the time I got to where I usually start my run, the pain was negligible. I ran ten miles that day and the PT did not come back for 3-4 months. True story.

Thanks for the reply. The

Thanks for the reply. The pain is pretty much gone as I stopped running to give it a chance to heal. So I am not sure if it would have felt better while running. I ran barefoot on the treadmill over the weekend, after the pain had pretty much subsided, and it was fine.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test