Peachtree...who's in?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Alanindahlonega, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Alanindahlonega

Alanindahlonega Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Peachtree Road Race lottery announced..are you in?

We have a team of ten from Dahlonega area, with one BF and two Minimalistic. Interested in seeing if anyone else registered..

2. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

I wanted to run the Peachtree barefoot. I think the registration deadline has passed, hasn't it?

3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I'M IN!!!! Just got my Lottery notification this morning. I would love to meet you guys before the race and run with you. Maybe Mokie and Norman can bandit, er uh, run with us. This will be my 3rd year in a row barefoot. Please email me at BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org when the time comes, so we can meetup. I will also add this as a BRS Georgia Chapter event. Looking forward to it! -TJ

4. chickpastor

chickpastor Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Me too! I got in through my sis's work, Bank of America, and can't wait. I'll prob run it in Lunas. :) Plenty o' comments there for sure. I know I've been a dropout here (work got nuts and trying to sell our house, etc etc) but would like to meet up if it works!

--Chickpastor (Beth)

5. barefoottyler

barefoottyler Barefooters
    1. Georgia

6. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Alan and company,chickpastor, Tyler, are you still running the Peachtree? I'm in wave G. What waves are you all in? Maybe we can coordinate meeting up. Terry and barefoot_n_ga, are you still "thinking" about it? Anyone else in? Please let me know at BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org. I'll email you my cell phone number, so we can make final plans. Hope to see you ALL there! -TJ

7. Alanindahlonega

1. Georgia

Our team of ten from Dahlonega, Tyler Barefoot, Alan and Gayle minimalistic (the other 7 shood)are still running. But, living in Dahlonega, we will not receive our numbers until a week after the "real world" gets theirs.

Is there another way to find out our waves?

8. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I have no idea. I wonder if you called the Atlanta Track Club if they would be able to tell you. For those who opted to have their packets mailed to them, they aresupposed to have their packets by the 20th of this month. Good luck. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing old friends once again! -TJ

9. Alanindahlonega

1. Georgia

We FINALLY received on numbers today up here in Lumpkin county.. We are all in "y" (last wave)...with no qualifying times..LOL. If we are in last wave, then not too man people will be passing us!

Anyway, whats the customary way to wear a D-time timer tag when barefoot? (stupid question?)

10. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Well pooh! I'm in Wave G. I'm afraid to start back at Y, since I will be with my shod running club, and if I take too long, they may not hold the buses for me.

Any other waves?

You can get a small dog collar and attach your D tag to it and wear it around your ankle. That's what I do. The RoadID is good for this. Or make yourself some really cool anklets.

11. ikincaid

ikincaid Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I'm in Group A, but protecting my wimpy toes with Five Fingers. With all the different starting waves, maybe we could warm up/stretch somewhere together outside of the corrals? Or perhaps choose a spot in Piedmont at the end?

12. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Group A? Wow! That's must mean you are mega fast. Maybe we can all meet at the end of the race on the grass lawn at the park after the tee shirt/water bottle pick up area. I will be with Terry (Mokaman) and my shoddie running club up on the hill straight ahead. There will be a banner "Peachtree City Running Club" hanging between two trees or punched into one, ;-) If anyone would like to meet up after the race, please send me an email at BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org, and we can exchange cell phone numbers. Good luck and have great fun at the race, everyone! -TJ