Participants Needed - Barefoot Running Study (web-based) by University of Delaware

UD Running Lab

Barefooters
Jun 24, 2010
The University of Delaware Running Laboratory would like to invite you to take part in a web based running survey in order to better understand the habits of the barefoot runner. Your participation will involve 15 minutes of your time each month[/b] to fill out an online survey. You will fill out one survey a month for a year, upon which your name will be entered into a raffle to win a GPS[/b]! To qualify for this opportunity you must be relatively healthy, between the ages of 18 and 50 and run more than 10 miles/week. You also must have been running barefoot for more than 6 months, and at least 50% of your mileage must be done completely barefoot. Please contact Allison Altman at 302-831-4646, or [email protected] [/b]for more information.

Very cool.

Very cool.

Sounds fun...sort of. I'll

Sounds fun...sort of. I'll apply, but I turn 50 in the middle of the time. So I guess I'm in if I don't get DQ'd. :)

I'm in if they will take me,

I'm in if they will take me, getting 10 miles barefoot in the winter is not that easy.

Bob, E-mail Allison and

Bob, E-mail Allison and double check, but I believe they want your overall average to be 50% throughout the year. If it's lower through the winter just make sure you make up for it later.

I've been in this study for a while and it's simple just like she said, when you get the reminder e-mail it takes 10 minutes to fill out the mileage questionaire.

barefoot ramzev wrote: Bob,

barefoot ramzev said:
Bob, E-mail Allison and double check, but I believe they want your overall average to be 50% throughout the year. If it's lower through the winter just make sure you make up for it later.

I've been in this study for a while and it's simple just like she said, when you get the reminder e-mail it takes 10 minutes to fill out the mileage questionaire.

Thanks Ramzev,

I sent her an email already, asking the question. I am trying to find a good indoor track to use this winter (as I know when it hits 40 below, I will not be running outside barefoot), so I can keep up my barefoot milage.

I barely qualify since I've

I barely qualify since I've been brefoot for just over 6 month and my long runs are now 10 miles with 1 or 2 very short runs on weekdays. But I'm in!

I'm scheduled to go to the lab at the end of this week and start the web-based study after that.

That will be an additional motivation to run more even in the winter. But it's getting cold and I still don't have minimal shoes. I don't like anything I tried. Huaraches and cotton socks have been ok on dry days so far and I hope to get wool Injinji for Christmas, for those first and last few miles, when the feet are really cold.

This is a web-based study,

This is a web-based study, but for those who can go into the lab, they gather additional info from them.