parkrun table

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by paulbeales, Sep 25, 2013.

1. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Here is the latest parkrun table for the UK.

Well done Alex - still in top slot!

Capture.JPG

2. Bare Gilb

Bare Gilb Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Not for long I fear! Will Beedham's hot on my bare heels...keep up the good work Will! Plan on running this week, although recovery from the 1/2 marathon isnt going is well as I'd hoped! Hip flexors feel pretty battered... Despite feeling fit enough to run a quicker 5k, I'm reluctant to push too hard as its much easier to cause injury should form slip at faster paces....

3. Mike3Mike

Mike3Mike Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I'll try to catch up, but the plan is to aim for my pb once every 4 weeks - in order to run with little people the other weeks.
    I will also admit I wasn't barefoot - I've only done about 2-3 miles barefoot in total and ripped my feet to shreds last night on my second run. I will get there but it will take some time!

Will

paulbeales likes this.
  4. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

OK, I admit it, my Newport time was in Sockwa too :)

5. Pigwig

Pigwig Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Paul, what are Sockwa like? I'm looking for something to wear as a general "shoe", to go about my daily biz as well as to run in. Are they just an expensive type of aqua shoe (that's what they look like!)

6. LancasterArt

LancasterArt Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I'm a part time Sockwa wearer (when not barefoot of course) and can only highly recommend them. In fact I'm about to order a second pair as my every day 'shoe' because I can't find anything minimal, comfortable or wide enough that comes close and the only reason I wouldn't wear my current running pair for every day is that I bought the olive ones and they don't really go with my clothes. ;-) Plus I haven't put them through the wash in a while so they stink of feet. I've never owned any aqua shoes but having checked out comparisons online, Sockwa are made of a much thinner material so are more sock like, plus the sole is the thinnest you will find.

7. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I agree. I run in/carry yellow Sockwa G3 and wear black G3 for work (in an office.) I rarely wear anything else on my feet these days. The G3 are not breathable however, so can get a little stinky. The latest version is the X8 which are breathable (I have requested a pair for my birthday - I think I'll order another pair at the same time so I have one pair for running and one for work.) The X8 are only available in black at the moment, but they are planning a cool range of colours to be released next Spring. I have never tried running in Aqua shoes or wearing any to work. (Someone once suggested buying black plimsolls from Primark which probably have the thinnest soles of all.) Seriously, Sockwa are fab. They are particularly good for shoving down the back of your shorts when running barefoot. (I had to keep checking they were still there the other day, they are that light.)