Outdoor Retailers Show

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by rb2001, Jan 14, 2016.

1. rb2001

rb2001
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Utah
    2. Montana

So, no threads regarding the just passed Outdoor Retailers Show? Fair 'nuff. It was the winter show, but just as a shout out:

Should vendors or other related entities need some Outdoor Retailer Assistance, I am open to do it for the opp to attend the show. I'd even help a maker of standard running shoes for the chance. I will confess to my Priest later.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Tfox

Tfox
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Utah

What exactly do you have in mind when you say "assistance"? I haven't exhibited in the OR show because it is crazy expensive for manufactures. They don't care that Unshoes is just a small business that produces our sandals locally. They still consider us a manufacturer. We don't currently have plans to attend but eventually we will!

3. rb2001

rb2001
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Utah
    2. Montana

Yes, the OR show is very pricey for booths. They don't think about the locals because it is the largest show of it's type in the country. Manufacturers and retailers come from around the world to it. So I doubt a local discount is even a possibility.

As far as assistance goes: setup, takedown, logistics are all things I have done before. Just your average roadie type work. I hadn't considered manning a booth for the duration as part of assisting. I just figured vendors would have thier own reps. Somehow I don't see Polartec asking me to explain the chemical properties of engineered breathable polymer thread for them. I'm an IT/Database guy who implements systems for enterprise management and have years of training event management as well. I have setup countless training rooms for events and booths for shows in the IT world. If that is useful, and you or someone you know has a booth, I am willing for the opportunity to check out the show.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature