Other BFRs right under our noses.

Alejandro 10

Barefooters
Jul 13, 2011
Today after church I had the chance to talk a little with an Emory student named Josh. Turns out he has been running barefoot for the same amount of time as I have.

I know you're around here from time to time Josh, so it was nice to meet you.

TJ, I've extended an invite to the next chapter run to Josh.

Alas, has anyone else stumbled upon fellow barefooters hiding right in front of you?

Gracia y paz,

a

Cool!

Cool!

Just met a guy who has been

Just met a guy who has been barefooting for a while at the race I did this weekend. He was completely oblivious as to BRS, or that there would be any barefoot running groups in his area. He's also wicked fast, and apparently placed in his age group.

I've actually met 2 BFR's in

I've actually met 2 BFR's in the last month or so and they were BOTH on bikes at the time. They rode past me on Beach Drive in MD and struck up a small convo. Both were newer to BFR and I didn't really have time to mention BFR to them. They basicly asked me how long I have been doing it and how far I run, and that was about it.

I am sure there are plenty of people out there trying it out on their own with out the support of BRS or any other web sites, or just choose to be Annon.

Speaking of which...  Are we

Speaking of which... Are we going to have the Halloween Contest again this year? Anyone want to head this up? Layout the rules? Bruno? Maybe you can do it, sort of passing the torch kind of thing. ;-)

Oh, and I sent you an email awhile back but haven't heard back from you. Did you get it, or should I resend?

We just got back from an

We just got back from an intensive class I took in Kentucky on environmental ethcs. I have had this professor for 9 credit hours this year and he was my pastor up there at a little Methodist church. Low and behold, a twelve year old in VFFs and I unintenially persuaded him to go minimalist. He has purchased a pair of VFFs.

Honestly, I was shocked on one level, but on the other hand, an Oberlin and Yale educated man ought to be able to see the light of minimalism and barefooting.

Gracia y paz,

a

The marathon I ran in this

The marathon I ran in this weekend in Akron had by all accounts two other barefooters in it... as well as quite a few VFF and minimalists runners too.

I'd still like to figure out who some of these people are... but I guess for now I'll just be happy to know that I'm not alone.

Maybe I need to get a BRS shirt for my next public outing... spread the good word about this forum... etc?

S. Pimp.

Now that sounds like a good

Now that sounds like a good idea! ;-)