osteoarthritis

Mikkel

Barefooters
Feb 2, 2012
Denmark
Hi, I was at the optician yesterday to get my new glasses. They noticed that I didn't wore any shoes and we talked a little about that. Then another guy joined the conversation and he mentionened that 'barefooters' gets oteroarthritis much more often than non-BF due to the temperature when it is cold/freezing. Is this true?

It's all non-sense, Mikkel. So much non-sense out there.

First of all, we don't have "that many" barefooters living in cold/freezing climates to make up any real population that could have been studied in the past to have come up with such non-sense "proof." And two, who are they comparing this so-called "fact" too, the shod population who we know of that do suffer with osteoarthritis? There have been no studies to do any true comparisons. sigh.

Reactions: Sid
The use of those motion control, cushioned or so called comfort shoes with a heel pitch increases or causes arthritis by the heel's gravity jamming up joints. Check out the trashed 1st big toe joint of my avatar picture on the left. The tapered toe boxes with toe spring helped to speed up the destruction.