Olympics gymnastics

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Women's gymnastics floor exercises are on right now. Man check out that awesome barefoot running form in slow-mo just before they start tumbling and flipping. :D

I missed it!!!! I thought it was supposed to come on at night, tonight! That's the only sport I can actually watch from beginning to end.

It's on right now! Balance beam, vault, uneven bars. USA is kicking booty!

I saw three of the four events, not vault. I am very disappointed that they changed the rules AGAIN! Now they are only taking the top two of each team to the Individual All-Around instead of the top three. That ticks me off! It seems the committee changes the rules every single Olympics. Poor Jordyn. But she shouldn't have stepped out of bounds on her floor.

This is exactly why they should have gymnastics in the olympics. The olympics is supposed to be about finding the best in the world, but when the US has 3 of the top 4 scores and ony 2 go on, that is not finding the best, it's giving everyone a chance.
Screw giving everyone a chance, if you can't manage to be better then someone you have no right to be in a final. They should let and average of 2 per team go through, if there are 20 teams, the top 40 scores go through regardless of country affiliation. If you're country can't manage to compete, so be it, go hame and practice.
When the do the 100m they don't let someone through to the finals just so their country has representation.

-end rant

Reactions: NickW
Former US gymnastics coach Bela Karolyi (Kerri Strug) was on last night after the US team finished, talking about just that to Bob Costas. He holds the same opinion. If there are 24 top gymnasts, the all-around should be the top 24, not 2 from each country, which means that someone who didn't get to advance could be better than many who did. I believe they said NONE of the current top 24 defending champions will be in the all-around, or something to that effect, because of current rules.

I watched that with Bella too.

I just hate that they keep changing the rules. I hated it when they changed the scoring years ago.

Sure, I wish Jordyn would have gone to the All-Around, but she shouldn't have stepped out of bounds. She lost near 2 whole points for that because she took lots of extra steps, not just stepping out of bounds. Damn, I hate that for her.

I also watched an interview Oprah did with Shawn Johnson. Shawn said it best. She said [paraphrasing] basically all Olympians show up with the same skills. The winner is determined by who can deliver it that day, under the pressure of it all.

I watched that with Bella too.

I just hate that they keep changing the rules. I hated it when they changed the scoring years ago.

Sure, I wish Jordyn would have gone to the All-Around, but she shouldn't have stepped out of bounds. She lost near 2 whole points for that because she took lots of extra steps, not just stepping out of bounds. Damn, I hate that for her.

I also watched an interview Oprah did with Shawn Johnson. Shawn said it best. She said [paraphrasing] basically all Olympians show up with the same skills. The winner is determined by who can deliver it that day, under the pressure of it all.
I met Shawn Johnson before. She's super nice. I met her six times!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ