Oktoberfest

rickwhitelaw

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Beryl Utah
Since it's officially October, but we have been partying for the last 2 weeks (Oktoberfest = mid Sept. through mid Oct), let's here about your Oktoberfests. I expect some input from the German crowd to make us jealous, hungry, and thirsty.

Here is our local one, put on by my in-laws. http://ironcountytoday.com/view/ful...elebrates-20th-annual-Oktoberfest-tradition-?

Food is excellent (cooked by my Mother in-law), entertainment good, mediocre beer (Utah). Sorry the picture is so small. 3 pairs of barefeet in there.

Here is some pics of me and my wife Stefanie. Beer in one shot, dog in another.

Our church puts on an Oktoberfest, and the highlight, or at least the part I pay attention to, is homebrew competition. We usually have from 10-15 entries. Judging is informal and fun. The beers always just seem to get better and better for some reason. Can quite figure out why.;)

Sounds like fun. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I have never been to an Oktoberfest. :oops: And my inlaws are German! I didn't get into beers until just maybe 2 years ago, and well this time of year I'm usually spending every free minute in a tree with a bow and arrow.

Looks like you figured the picture thing out on the second posting but your first you linked to pics in your gmail. I haven't ever used gmail but I'm guessing you'll have to take em out of your email and put em somewhere else to link to like photobucket or to your computer and then upload them here. We can't see the first two pics, they are just dead links. If you have any questions you can always shoot me a pm.

Our church puts on an Oktoberfest, and the highlight, or at least the part I pay attention to, is homebrew competition. We usually have from 10-15 entries. Judging is informal and fun. The beers always just seem to get better and better for some reason. Can quite figure out why.;)
I'm not a religious person, but if a church has a competition like this, I might reconsider.:)

Reactions: clawhammer72
Rick - yeah that worked. The pics are pretty small though. Are they pics you took and shrunk down or did you get them already that size from someone else? You can't really ever enlarge a picture decently, so you need to start out with a larger picture. The free photobucket account I think will limit you to 1024 pixels wide automatically so you could upload as big of picture as you wanted and it would shrink to that. Thats probably too big to post into most forums directly. Then you could use the edit feature on photobucket and shrink it down to 500 pixels wide or 640, I usually do somewhere around there. Then if you want to get fancy you can put the smaller image in your post, then click the image and link it to the larger image (make sure to keep both the larger and smaller images in photobucket). The editor in photobucket will do all sorts of things like crop and 'autofix' (helps adjust contrast, levels, and white balance, etc). I use seperate software to edit pics usually but for basic web use photobucket is fine.

Photobucket creates thumbnails automatically so for the least amount of effort with no editing whatsoever you could upload the full sized pic and then use the thumbnail (put th_ infront of the filename in the url) and then just link it to the full sized file you uploaded.

Lots of options and different ways to do it. We ought to have a tutorial sticky for it.

Rick - yeah that worked. The pics are pretty small though. Are they pics you took and shrunk down or did you get them already that size from someone else? You can't really ever enlarge a picture decently, so you need to start out with a larger picture. The free photobucket account I think will limit you to 1024 pixels wide automatically so you could upload as big of picture as you wanted and it would shrink to that. Thats probably too big to post into most forums directly. Then you could use the edit feature on photobucket and shrink it down to 500 pixels wide or 640, I usually do somewhere around there. Then if you want to get fancy you can put the smaller image in your post, then click the image and link it to the larger image (make sure to keep both the larger and smaller images in photobucket). The editor in photobucket will do all sorts of things like crop and 'autofix' (helps adjust contrast, levels, and white balance, etc). I use seperate software to edit pics usually but for basic web use photobucket is fine.

Photobucket creates thumbnails automatically so for the least amount of effort with no editing whatsoever you could upload the full sized pic and then use the thumbnail (put th_ infront of the filename in the url) and then just link it to the full sized file you uploaded.

Lots of options and different ways to do it. We ought to have a tutorial sticky for it.

Thanks Tristan, yes, they were photos sent by e-mail to us by a friend. I will experiment with photobucket in another thread with pictures taken from our regular camera and then uploaded to the computer.

A tutorial sticky for it. Excellent idea.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts