[Oct 28, 2012] TX/Austin - Run For the Water w/ Barefoot Division (Austin, TX)

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Join RFTW, October 28, 2012, for the 6th Annual Run for the Water! RFTW is proud to host the Road Runners Club of America South Region 10-Mile Championship.

The Run for the Water is produced by and benefits the Gazelle Foundation. Thanks to participation in the last four years we have been able to provide over 8,000 Burundians with access to clean water for their remainder of their life through the implementation of water systems. For every registrant in the race the Gazelle Foundation is able to provide clean water to one additional person in Burundi. For life.

Barefoot Division: The 10-Miler and 5K events will have a barefoot division this year with special awards going to the top three Overall and Masters Male/Female as well as age groups in ten-year increments. All participants are also eligible for awards in the open divisions.

General Information

Date: Sunday October 28, 2012

Events: 10-Miler, 5K and Kids K

Start Times: Each event starts at a different time. 10-miler racers start at 7 AM and 5K at 7:15 to minimize traffic concerns. The Kids K begins at 9:00AM. Details for all races are below.

Weather: Sunrise on race day is 6:52 AM. Average weather at sunrise is 51 degrees with afternoon highs averaging 72 degrees. It was 64 degrees for the 2008 Run For The Water.

Parking: Ample parking is available on the street and in several parking garages. Parking will be available at One Texas Center (505 Barton Springs Rd), Palmer Events Center ($7.00), and the Austin American Statesman on Congress Ave.

For more info, visit http://gazellefoundation.com/runforthewater2011/details.html#general.

I ran this last year. I took second place, out of 2 in my division. They had 2 day old chip and seal for about 800M. It was a bit rough ending about mile 9. It took me about a half a mile to regain feeling in my feet. The 5K route passed over it twice. I ran the same section in the marathon in Feb. and it has smoothed over and is not an issue any more.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7