[Oct 17, 2015] The Barefoot Challenge (East Soar Outdoor Experience)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by paulbeales, Sep 11, 2015.

The Barefoot Challenge
Start Date: Oct 17, 2015 02:00 PM
End Date: Oct 17, 2015 05:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

East Soar Farm, Malborough, Kingsbridge, Devon TQ7 3DR

Posted By: paulbeales

Confirmed Attendees: 0
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

ariel_hires.jpg

What: A 6.3 mile mixed terrain run for 100 unshod or minimally shod runners

Who: Open to all – Under 16’s accompanied by an adult

Why: To provide an organised challenge for those already enjoying barefoot running and to encourage those interested in developing a natural running style to gradually prepare over the Summer towards an achievable goal.

Entry Fee: £20 - All proceeds to SWCPA & NT

Online Entry: http://www.southwestcoastpath.org.uk/events/challenge/

Contact: Gary Jolliffe – 07817910115 – barefootchallenges@gmail.com

www.eastsoaroutdoorexperience.co.uk

Regular advice and a training program will be available to all interested parties and participants.

The Barefoot Challenge is an achievable marker for runners who are accustomed to running unshod, or with the simplest of minimalist footwear. Any runner of any standard and level of fitness is most welcome to take part in this very relaxed family focused event and the proceeds from all entries will go towards the events charity partners, however, only the mileage of the barefoot runners will contribute towards the goal of 630 miles covered barefoot J.

Please Note: The Barefoot Challenge will prove difficult even for the most seasoned of runners unless they have been practising a fore foot style for some time. Whilst natural or barefoot running is running as nature intended, for runners accustomed to running in modern raised heel cushioned running shoes, a period of adjustment will be required and it takes time to adopt the technique and for the musculature of the feet and calves to adapt

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. footloose2

footloose2 Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I would love to take part in this but unfortunately I am working that weekend. I did walk/run up and down 5 miles of the Dorset coast path last weekend as part of my training before a 12day hiking trip to Nepal next week. I love the South West Coast path!

Barefoot TJ and paulbeales like this.
  3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Enjoy Nepal! Be sure to share some pictures with us when you get back!

paulbeales likes this.