NYC event?

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
So I read the two reports about the NYC run, but what about the other pieces of it. How were the worskhops and the panel discussions? What kind of things were they focusing on? What did Erwan talk about? Etc...

I'm pending Jason's report,

I'm pending Jason's report, and you know how thorough his reports are. ;-) Once I get it, it will go on the front page. I have three really good, new pictures to share with it too.

I just sent him a follow-up

I just sent him a follow-up reminder email. Let's cross our toes for it. He's gotten so famous, he's too busy for us. Hee. I'm so proud of him.

Jason wrote on his site about

Jason wrote on his site about feeling like a support act for the rock stars to follow - he nearly stole the show and certainly held his own!

The workshops were fun and informative, the panel discussion was a little truncated because Dan Lieberman's very interesting and informative lecture ran a little long. Dan Howell's talk on the Saturday morning focused more on barefoot living than barefoot running but was riveting.

Erwan was running his own MovNat course on the Saturday but took part in the panel discussion in the evening and led a group on the Sunday which got a taste of his philosophy. He's one fit dude!

If everyone comes along next year it'll save me posting responses that should have been in the Barefoot Pub! We'll have a blast.

See you then!

I have the introductions at

I have the introductions at the first Ted/Jason clinic on video. I also have the first two hours of Lieberman's talk on video (B-4 my camera battery died). I have yet to post these anywhere yet though. :(

I guess I need to get off my ass and do it. Heck... I haven't even run since Sunday. I have become such a slacker since my half on Sept. 5th. I seem to have a calf issue... so I feel like I have an excuse. :)

I guess I need to setup a Youtube account and upload.

Was anyone looking up his

Was anyone looking up his skirt?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Was anyone

Barefoot TJ said:
Was anyone looking up his skirt?

LOL TJ.

I couldn't make it to the

I couldn't make it to the talks, unfortunately, because I brought my little kids. And I'm afraid that my "report" may be a little underwhelming.

Governers Island was so beautiful that when I got there, I ran and ran and ran and ran until nobody else was running (I got in 16 miles, lots of fun!). Then there was a keg. And I drank and drank and drank until the keg got loaded in the U-Haul! My husband took a picture of me and the keg. I'll upload later when I get home!

How many people did you meet

How many people did you meet from this forum (or that other one), and who were they? Share, please. :)

What kind of a keg was it?

What kind of a keg was it? That's like the most important piece of info of the whole event :)

Thanks for posting up the vid Lownox, sorry to hear about the calf.

There were actually two

There were actually two kegs.

I met Silly C and Harrino and, of course, Jason.

Abide... I tried to do the homework you gave me when I was in NY (my cousin had the disc)... but I fell asleep. I plan to try again soon. LOL...

Yes - it was definitely fun

Yes - it was definitely fun to meet DNEChris, Harrino, and Lownox! I ran about 8 miles or so with Harrino, and drank about 6 beers with Chris.

The keg was Coors Lite, which was perfect because I was a little dehydrated. I ended up running until around 11 AM, and by the time I finished running, most of the snacks were packed up. The kids and my husband had just arrived. I had packed some snacks for me in case I ended up doing a longer run (which I did), but the kiddos were hungry. So I was faced with a dilemma - eat the snacks and return to Manhattan right away to feed the children, OR, feed the children my snacks and drink the beer.

Both my husband and I agreed that the right choice was to give the snacks to the children and drink the beer. There were a lot of families with small children picnicking at the site of the race by that point, so the girls were enjoying themselves anyway.

SillyC wrote:I ran about 8

SillyC said:
I ran about 8 miles or so with Harrino, and drank about 6 beers with Chris.

I ran about 6 miles, mostly with Barefoot Ted, (one per beer) and had stopped when David, a physical therapist from BarefootNYC, saw that I was a little less active than usual and asked what the trouble was. 3 minutes later, having had a quick diagnosis and minor manipulation, my leg felt better than it had in 2 weeks. My muscle "tear" had been caused by a couple of misplaced tendons and I was able to resume my normal mileage this week without a problem.

"For this relief much thanks"!

Chris, could you do me a huge

Chris, could you do me a huge favor, please? Could you help put me in touch with that PT? At this point I will reach out to anyone for help. (Sorry to bore everyone with my same old story, but here goes...) I may have torn my plantar fascias on both feet after having cryosurgery for Morton's Neuroma. I'm pretty sure it happened because I walked on my heels for 3-1/2 months afterwards, to avoid putting pressure on the balls of my feet where the cryoprobes were inserted to freeze my nerves (4 total, 2 in each foot), and then was trying to build up back to running, which I'm sure sealed my fate at that point. Would you mind setting up an email communication for me with the PT from NYC? I have John Durant's email address, so if you could please email me at [email protected], I will give it to you, or if you could just forward my email onto John to ask him if he could forward it onto the PT, that would probably work better. I just have some questions I would like to ask. Hopefully, he will be able to help me.

Hi TJ,I'll do what I can!  I

Hi TJ,

I'll do what I can! I don't have any direct info for him but I'm sure John will have his e-mail as part of the meetup group details.

Chris

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts