NY/Govenor's Island - 1st Annual New York City Barefoot Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Date: Sun 10/10/10 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
    Link: www.nycBarefootRun.com for details
    WHAT: Run your distance of 2.1 mile loop/s.

WHO: Dr. Daniel Lieberman, Erwan Le Corre, Jason Robillard

I’m excited to announce the 1st Annual New York City Barefoot Run on Sunday, October 10th. And Barefoot Runners NYC would like to extend an invitation to barefoot and minimalist runners far and wide to come join us for a weekend of barefoot running. Dare I call this the Woodstock of barefoot running? I dare.

- Come join Dan Lieberman, Jason Robillard, Erwan Le Corre and more

- It’s not just a run and done — it’s a whole weekend around barefoot running. Clinics on Saturday, a runners party on Saturday evening, and the actual run on Sunday.

- Our location is beautiful Governors Island, located in New York Harbor, with stunning views of the Statue of Liberty, lower Manhattan, and the Brooklyn Bridge.

- The format is “Run your distance”. Since there is such a wide variety of skill levels, we’ll all start together, then run your distance. The island is 2.1 miles around, so run 1 loop, 2 loops, 10 loops. This also makes each runner responsible for deciding when to stop based on how their feet and body feel.

Limiting to 500 runners, and that is going to go fast in NYC, so sign up soon. Run details and registration at NYC Barefoot Run.

[​IMG]