NV/Reno - RENO IBRD @ 11:00 A.M.

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by BarefootColin, Apr 24, 2011.

1. BarefootColin

BarefootColin
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Nevada - Reno
    2. Michigan
    3. California...

Date: Sun 05/01/11 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDT
    Link: Facebook Event

We will be meeting at the gazebo on the pier on by the parking lot on the McCarran side of the Marina at 11:00 a.m. <-- This is the correct meeting time!!!!

The Barefoot Runners Society (BRS) is proud to announce its inaugural International Barefoot Running Day (IBRD). This event is a grassroots, inclusive effort to promote barefoot running as a healthy and viable way to run. It’s also about having some fun and enjoying the idea of running barefoot with thousands of people worldwide on the same day.

2. twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nevada - Reno

Hey Colin,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm bummed I can't make it because I'm doing the rock-n-river half-mary that morning. I know I won't have another 2 miles on these feets after 13.

Have fun you guys!

Twink

3. BarefootColin

BarefootColin
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Nevada - Reno
    2. Michigan
    3. California...

Good luck in the Rock 'n' River! Thats a fun race! Are you doing the whole thing barefoot?

4. twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nevada - Reno

I am in a huge quandry about going the full distance barefoot. I have twice run 12.75 miles BF over most of the course and know my feet can handle the distance, the problem is the Crooked Mile portion in Idlewild park which I've avoided because it's so nasty. I walked it out and back yesterday and the proof it's brutal is a blood blister on my heel and very tender spots after only two miles. Do you think I'm a wuss if I hide my shoes at the beginning of that section and slip them off again?

5. BarefootColin

BarefootColin
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Nevada - Reno
    2. Michigan
    3. California...

Dang! If you had more time, I would suggest making a pair of huaraches to hide or to carry with you. I did that race last year and only did 5 miles of it barefoot! I had a friend come bring me my shoes at the 6 mile marker. That was the LAST time I ran in shoes because of how much it hurt! I think that you will be fine just running that section in shoes though.

6. Notleh

Notleh
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nevada - Reno

Run in whatever you feel comfortable with; barefoot or shoes. there are some great minimalist options out there that should enable you to run guilt free. Not to mention that they are a good options for avoiding ice in the winter and goatshead thorns in the summer.

7. twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nevada - Reno

I have a pair of Speedo water shoes as my FAT that I ended up carrying for the 11 miles I ran bare, but was definitely glad I had them for the Crooked Mile at Idlewild. Saw alot of Vibrams but as far as I know, was the only BF runner this year.