Nothing good will come of this, I'm sure...

You could probably get a dishonorable discharge if you insisted on killing people barefoot, or maybe an honorable discharge if you insisted on killing barefoot people.

There's that to consider, yes. Never having been in the Military, I understand that they typically don't take a shine to those that go against the grain (that said, if I'm wrong, I'll be grateful for the correction).

The Wally's not as bad (from said recruiting friend-o). The team you run with works together to get over (the ol' boost and pull. Ok that sounds dirtier than I even intended).

For training you can use the TM plans or do crossfit type stuff with lots of pull ups and monkey bar work. We're actually building a monkey bar set up in his garage for those already committed to practice in. Ice dunks can't be prepared for though, I fear...

Reactions: Lomad
1) Jessica Ennis apparently has them regularly to aid recovery, then again I don't think her coach gives her any choice in the matter.
2) It's not a place I frequent, so couldn't tell you, but you're not seriously telling me you've not seen her before?

OK, so it seems that the Universe has stepped in and decided to spare me. I saw the guy that suggested the TM over Christmas and he decided to take a pass, sparing my fragile ego. His concern: The Icebaths (yes, that's plural). The electric shock thing didn't bother him too much because a bit ago, apparently he did some sort of Russian rehab/workout thing where you get electric shocks while lifting weights (those Russians know how to enjoy themselves, no?). So, I'm back to just focusing on the SF RnR 1/2 in April, which is just fine with me. Though I am inclined to bone up on physical conditioning, lest the opportunity arises for another TM on short notice...

I am at that happy phase in my life at which I can hear about boneheadded events like this race and NOT feel any compulsion to sign up. Deo Gracias!

As for ice mud and electro jolts, I would imagine that they would come under the heading "Incentives to Accelerate," at least once you got moving along at all.

Y'all have fun, now.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Well, The Universe has weighed in: Someone at work has started recruiting for the Tahoe Tough Mudder at the end of Sept. Of course, when I got the pass earlier this year, I was going to go ahead and get into great shape so when the opportunity arose, I'd be ready. Three injuries and some other things I won't get into here derailed that, so now I'm back to having 2 months to get in to passable shape before I mortally embarrass myself in front of my colleagues. I haven't officially agreed, mind you...but I cave to peer pressure easily (despite Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign), so I can see me signing up...

JosephTree, how much older do I need to be, before I stop wanting to subject myself to such tomfoolery?

i hope the answer is "when you're dead". i don't want to stop my tomfoolery anytime soon.

Reactions: DNEchris
I should stick to my "wiser than thou" stance, but nobody who's signed up for a marathon in the last 12 months or so has any ground to stand on in such matters.

Go have fun or whatever it is one has at such an event. Mortification of one sort or another?

you're talking to pirate. i'm sure he has plenty of experience with batteries and other forms of "entertainment".

Dammit, I thought I had those YouTube videos set to private. Welp, so much for that political career...

Reactions: migangelo
So how does one train for the electric shocks part of things? Maybe just start with licking 9-volt batteries and build up from there?
Yep. 9V's, then D's, then 6 volt on up to the point where you grab a toaster and jump into a jacuzzi. Training for the shock isn't as bad as the cold, I'm told, which isn't as bad as the stabbing (obstacle #12), which isn't as bad as the acid-blinding (obstacle #54). Tough Mudder has gotten very intense in the past year or so. I think they're secretly trying to bump up their OSHA Fatality Rate.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts