Not So Well Known Benefit of Minimalist Footwear

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
If I would just purchase and wear some VFF's, I no longer would have to worry about cancer, heart disease, or any other of those killers lurking out there!

"I run with minimalist shoes, which are shoes which basically protect you from getting any sort of disease, or a pin in your foot or glass in your foot, which actually helps your running style because when you run with thick heels, I think a lot of people are eventually prone to injury. You run as fast as your body can handle.
Complete story here: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/gyllenhaal-likes-running-barefoot_1185350 Hmm.... I wonder if cirrhosis is a covered disease.....YES, he definitly said any sort! WOO HOO!I mean, actors do know everything, right?

I just saw this on Angie B's

I just saw this on Angie B's FB post...I commented...irritating....and "Running is bad for your body...." and "No, I don't think it's a good idea to run 100 miles...."and the best "Oh, no, I don't run bare on city streets..."

This is why I hate when

This is why I hate when celebrities latch on to products or causes. They...with exceptions, idiots, and they pollute the public discourse with this crap.

I saw the Youtube clip of his

I saw the Youtube clip of his appearance on Letterman. He made is sound like his brother in law really is a barefoot runner. But I don't think his brother in law is all that famous in terms of Hollywood standards.

I'm shocked he didn't meantion his minimalist shoes by name.

Matt wrote:I'm shocked he

Matt said:
I'm shocked he didn't meantion his minimalist shoes by name.

His agent probably would'nt let him after the manufacturer refused to pay the fee for product endorsement.

Just guessing.

haha, c'mon ou guys He's a

haha, c'mon ou guys :p

He's a noob, give him a chance. He's out there enjoying it, doing it and promoting it at least, I give him props for that. I don't think he meant to say that minimal shoes will protect you from diseases unfortunately linked to being barefoot outdoors (parasites, infection, etc)

Hopefully, Barefoot Ted's

Hopefully, Barefoot Ted's Trojan Horse theory is correct, and that Jake will eventually see that his feet are well formed and that he doesn't even need the protection he currently thinks he needs.

Besides even if he does

Besides even if he does convert stupid people on the basis of it curing all diseases at least those ditch their shoes. And the smarter people who look up information on it, even if just for the sake of proving the statement to be ridiculous, may still discover its good for many problems and think of switching over at least to VFFs. From VFFs to barefoot isn't that big of a jump. It makes converting them to bf that much easier for all of us :-D. Lets face it after a few runs its hard to ever put real shoes on.

Barefoot Mary wrote: Well, I

Barefoot Mary said:
Well, I think he's hot so that makes him ok in my book. :innocent:

Agreed. I almost added to my last post that my defense of him may have been swayed more than a little by my love of him in Prince of Persia :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7