Not Firefox friendly

LavaRunner

Chapter Presidents
Jun 4, 2010
This forum software is an interesting choice. It is different than any I have used in the past. Similar to "that other place" but still different.

One thing I have noticed is that it is not very FireFox friendly. I get odd results quoting people, many times I need to go back and clean up strange html and bb codes out of my posts and in general, I find anything I type in firefox is best copied out to notepad, cleaned up and pasted back in non-rich text mode. However, it seems to work better in IE.

Problem is, IE is a virus collection tool and I really don't like to use it.

Oh well, I vented, I feel better now

It's not a FF thing, as Norm

It's not a FF thing, as Norm said. But, I don't have nearly the issues you seem to deal with, Bra.

The thing with the quoted text - when you quote, be sure to remove all hard returns from the quoted text, get it all onto one line, including the bb tags.

But the forums are quite buggy, 'tis true. I've been mulling over a list of things that I think should be adressed before the site goes "public".

I'd help getting it sorted out, too, if I knew how...

Cameron is well aware of the

Cameron is well aware of the bugs with the site. He has a growing list of his own he's dealing with on a priority basis. He has a regular full-time job too, so it's hard for him to give it the attention it needs right now. He is also in the process of moving, so it will be a little while before some of these main items are cleared up, like the missing markers on the maps function.

The site does behave better with IE. I don't collect viruses through IE though, since my security firewall is pretty tight. Never had a virus, and I've always used IE. (Well NetScape back in the day for those of you who may remember it.) I don't experience the same level of problems that you do with Firefox.

Hopefully, once we can start bringing on advertisers and accepting donations, we will have some money to make this site as terrific as it deserves. Right now, all operations of this club and its site are by volunteer efforts and personal money. Cameron will be asking for resumes shortly for help managing the fixes to the site, so if you have any experience in this area, please let us know.

Please be patient with us. With your help, we can really make this something special.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Hopefully,

Barefoot TJ said:
Hopefully, once we can start bringing on advertisers and accepting donations, we will have some money to make this site as terrific as it deserves. Right now, all operations of this club and its site are by volunteer efforts and personal money. Cameron will be asking for resumes shortly for help managing the fixes to the site, so if you have any experience in this area, please let us know.
Please be patient with us. With your help, we can really make this something special.

I'm happy to be patient. I think most of us are well aware that this is a beta site, and as such there will be bugs. As long as we have a reasonable hope that some day it'll all be peachy, we can hang in there. :)

About money- have you looked into the Amazon associates program? Your "company" would get a commission every time that anyone buys things at Amazon after following a special BRS link. I know I'd be happy to stop by here and click through when I want to buy something.

Yes, Amazon, Google, and some

Yes, Amazon, Google, and some others. We recently "hired" another volunteer to work as Ad Marketing Rep, so hopefully, it will all come together soon.

Cameron is "the man."  He is

Cameron is "the man." He is very sharp, quite intelligent, and has a great since of humor too. Since he was a barefoot runner located in Georgia also, I contacted him looking for help starting the BRS. I already had the name picked out. (It's a name I threw out on "that other forum" when we were all daydreaming of what it would be like to have a national organization of barefoot and minimalist runners.) I thought we could start with a Georgia chapter and grow from there. Cameron likes to build websites. He wished to build a national website. From there, we brought on Jason, Preston, Victor, and Haley. We are the original founders of this crazy place. And they lived happily ever after. THE END.

As paul Harvey would

As paul Harvey would say....

And that is the rest of the story ;)

If you ever need any help, ideas or thoughts, I am a geek myself. let me know

What can you do, and what do

What can you do, and what do you like to do?