North Coast BC Hello!

North Coast Murray

Barefooters
May 24, 2011
Hi there from north coast BC, Canada!

Hey, this place looks pretty nice...the plants are a nice touch...the coffee smells good and rich...the people over on the 'show yourself' thread look pretty much normal (well, mostly) so I think I'll drop my butt here for a while.

I'm 50 years old and two months into barefooting. I started by walking a lot and am now running 3K, with dreams of going further. I used huaraches too soon and didn't have the right form; I got a sore left second metatarsal and a sore right cuboid bone. Since going completely bare those went away, but now I have to watch out because my left foot feels warm under the second metatarsal pad after 3K so I must be pushing off with that foot.

Looking forward to picking your brains and sharing the journey of transitioning to barefoot running :)

Murray

Welcome Murray, from Central

Welcome Murray, from Central Canada, Winnipeg to be exact.

Lots of good people and advise on this site, I believe you will enjoy.

Just remember take it slow and easy.

Welcome again.  I too have to

Welcome again. I too have to run barefoot in order to run my best. Anything on my feet, even the most minimal, throws me off.

Glad to have you here,

Glad to have you here, Murray. "Mostly normal" might be a bit on the optimistic side, but we have lots of very experienced folks here who can and will offer great advice upon request. Ask lots of questions to get lots of good answers, and enjoy!

Phil

Hello Murray,Where on the

Hello Murray,

Where on the north coast? There is about 6-7 barefoot runners in the Vancouver area. Check out the Canadian Chapter and hopefully you can arrange a meetup with some of them.

Enjoy the journey ...

Barefoot YOW (Rod)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts